• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Choose Promised Neverland, Psyren for Anime Wishlist

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Just a matter of time when Promised Neverland gets an adaptation. Not "if".
I just hope it will be like Shokugeki no Soma with more and more seasons coming out, and not like Kaiji and Chihayafuru. Anyway I still have high hopes for continuation of these two.
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe Psyren is there. I would love to see a complete anime of it too, with extended scenes since the manga was forced into a rushed ending.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know that Psyren was this popular, the manga was rather mediocre IMO. Haven't read Promised Neverland yet, but heard lots of good things about it.

Also, nice to see 10 Dance on the list, that's a BL manga i'd love to see animated for once, though it would require a decent budget.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Something to note are the rankings of the titles. I have heard rumblings how Bloom into You is one of the most popular yuri titles, and the fact it made it 3rd place (trailing behind Narita's Fate/strange Fake no less) is another dang good indication. Being on Dengeki Daioh really gave it a lot of exposure.

I seriously believe an anime adaptation announcement is coming soon this year.
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Kinda strange that ANN hasn't wrote the actual rankings - I was really happy to see Yagakimi on 3rd place. Hopefully, it would get an anime adaptation announcement on yuriten.
xchampion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Can't believe Psyren is there. I would love to see a complete anime of it too, with extended scenes since the manga was forced into a rushed ending.

Merida wrote:
I didn't know that Psyren was this popular, the manga was rather mediocre IMO.

I rather enjoyed the manga myself. I thought it was going to be the next big thing, but then it wasn't. That's the thing. It wasn't popular. That's why it got cancelled and had a rushed ending. That's why I am also surprised its on the list. If Bleach isn't getting an anime to finish its ending anytime soon, then I doubt Psyren will be getting one either.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:57 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Something to note are the rankings of the titles. I have heard rumblings how Bloom into You is one of the most popular yuri titles, and the fact it made it 3rd place (trailing behind Narita's Fate/strange Fake no less) is another dang good indication. Being on Dengeki Daioh really gave it a lot of exposure.

I seriously believe an anime adaptation announcement is coming soon this year.

Seconded. It keeps showing up on the cover of Daioh, so I have to think either it's popular, the magazine is pushing it, or both. And either way, combined with making the top 10 in this poll… that's an awfully good sign for getting an anime. At this point, it could just be a matter of having enough material to adapt and waiting for availability at a studio.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:26 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:

I'm so happy to see Psyren is still in the minds of fans even now, getting a full adaptation would be so awesome with a more satisfying ending.
Wtv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if you are unaware, but the position of the ranking was revealed already. How about putting the top 3 in evidence instead?
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:49 pm Reply with quote
The Promised Neverland Anime. Coming fall 2019 by Studio WIT or Bones.
Shinuki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
I didn't know that Psyren was this popular, the manga was rather mediocre IMO

It wasn't, this is why had a forced ending after only 3 years of publication, is just that the manga has a small dedicated fanbase, but this fanbase wasn't enough to keep the manga running.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
The Promised Neverland anime can't come soon enough. They already have more than enough material to make for a satisfying Season 1.

Wasn't expecting to see Psyren on the list. The manga's synopsis always intrigued me but I never got around to reading it. Hearing the ending is so rushed doesn't give me a lot of incentive, though.
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Wasn't expecting to see Psyren on the list. The manga's synopsis always intrigued me but I never got around to reading it. Hearing the ending is so rushed doesn't give me a lot of incentive, though.

It's not as bad as say Bleach's ending, it covers what's appropriate and leaves no real loose ends. Basically, we didn't get an extended last fight. I would give it a go, all the parts leading up the ending are great. I just reread it over the weekend; chapter 64 makes me want to jump up and shout Surprised
nobody knows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
i think it is too early for promised neverland to be come anime .

and yes please for Fate/strange Fake by ufotable , because i want to see gilgamsh as MC.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
It's not as bad as say Bleach's ending, it covers what's appropriate and leaves no real loose ends. Basically, we didn't get an extended last fight. I would give it a go, all the parts leading up the ending are great. I just reread it over the weekend; chapter 64 makes me want to jump up and shout Surprised

That makes me feel better about it, then. I'll definitely check it out!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3