• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Simuldubs Also Offered on Amazon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they suffer from the same low bitrate and color banding artifact issues (possible mech design spoiler in that link - most the issues look worse in motion than in screenshots so it's hard to get good screenshots of the issues) that Crunchyroll and Funimation stream versions have. I imagine they do, though Amazon generally has better bitrate than most other sites. I'm assuming the color banding/artifacting issues are a source problem, though. I won't spend a dime unless I know the quality issues are resolved so I'll gladly wait for a blu-ray release for FMP IV. One of the few great dubs that exists, so it would be awesome to have. Though it would be weird to hear a certain character with different voices since their voice actor died a few years back.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Would this be called a multi-company monopoly pretty soon? If so, poor Netflix.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
ok, so if you're going to pay to own a show digitally, why would you buy the simulcast?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:30 am Reply with quote
If you like a show enough to want to watch it multiple times, having owning a digital version sounds good, given the price it would make more sense to just own it on Blu-Ray. Which also gives you better quality than streaming and you can watch it even if your internet is being slow.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
So Viz uses Hulu to debut their dubs and Funimation uses Amazon. Have to say I prefer the former method
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1