• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: B't X TV Anime's English Dub Cast, Trailer Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Based on how different most of the dub cast is from Illumitoon's dub, I have a good feeling this is a new dub. I like that they got Eric Vale back to play Teppei instead of having him recast, though.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
It was confirmed back to be a brand new dub back when it was announced in 2016. Still, I was expecting this to be more like Raijin-Oh's dub, i.e. relying on small-to-no-name talent from the area, so that they can get some experience & a foot in the door, with some experienced actors helping out via cameos, like how Kyle Hebert & Takahata101 voiced some monsters of the week in Raijin-Oh. Instead, though, we're getting a bit of a who's-who of experienced Texas talent (with some notable exceptions), which is definitely exciting me. The fact that this is also the studio that'll be doing Discotek's dub for the movie Hells is also cool.

I actually had the chance to interview Jimmy Taylor (Midstream's founder) via e-mail, and while I did bring up if the Illumitoon would be included, he didn't seem to indicate that this release would include it. It'd be neat if it was included, but if it won't then I can live with that; same if the Japanese cast interviews from the old laserdiscs weren't included.

Naturally, I've already pre-ordered this release, and I'm stoked to finally own B't X via a well-done DVD release. Here's hoping that, with the dub cast already established, B't X Neo won't take too long to put out; there are only like five or six notable characters that only appear in Neo to cast for, anyway.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Wait, Anime Midstream is still around? Huh. I thought they were just a one-off company. Well, here's hoping they're more successful this time around.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Holy shit, that's a damned nice dub cast, wow, and I like these kind of shows so I'm totally IN.

Edit: Looking forward to Morgan Garrett's Karen, I've liked her in a bunch of stuff I've heard her in so far and the character sounds cool and I'm loving that character design. Perhaps since the design also reminds me of two of my early favorites in Iczer-1 from that and Ella from Shadow Skill.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:00 am Reply with quote
Was the trailer removed? I can't find it anywhere.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:04 am Reply with quote
While it is nice that a smaller anime licensor is licensing some more obscure and older titles, it would be nice if Midstream was big enough to release more titles each year. By this, I mean at least 3-4 different titles a year.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
Was the trailer removed? I can't find it anywhere.

Might be an embed issue (happens to me sometimes with Twitter and a certain forum) so here are the links.

https://www.facebook.com/soundcadence/videos/841176382748351/
https://twitter.com/SoundCadence/status/1020362221300445184
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Damn, look at that dub cast list. I've never seen this anime, only heard about it. With an amazing crew like that, this definitely warrants a purchase in August.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Wait, Anime Midstream is still around? Huh. I thought they were just a one-off company. Well, here's hoping they're more successful this time around.

Well, the B't X pre-order is now listed as a "Top Seller" over at Right Stuf as of today, and I don't think that's ever happened with an Anime Midstream release. That's awesome & promising.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1