• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Anime to Premiere on Toonami on September 29

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marakutanay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 am Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting it so soon. I always assume that the Boruto dub would debut after they were done with Shippuden dub next year. Awesome though, now the dubbed version won't be that far behind the original.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:42 am Reply with quote
Yesssss!
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:50 am Reply with quote
thought for sure we would have to wait until Fall 2019, so i am happy with this, though i been watching the sub so i know the first 50 or so episode were quite the chore to get through
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote
Now the question becomes "what does Toonami do with Naruto Shippuden?" Call me crazy, but I believe it may actually get a weeknight run, at 8:30 after Dragon Ball Super reruns.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:04 am Reply with quote
Awesome. With this current episode being a breakout occasion for the series I think it’s the perfect time to get into Boruto and spread its influence even more to the States. I didn’t expect Toonami to pick this up but it’s cool they did.

Yes Boruto can be a chore to get through. But it’s one of those slow burners that has tremendous payoff when things are done correctly. Not everyone has time for that, but for those that do, you won’t regret it.
Freyanne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:07 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Now the question becomes "what does Toonami do with Naruto Shippuden?" Call me crazy, but I believe it may actually get a weeknight run, at 8:30 after Dragon Ball Super reruns.
I'd imagine that they'd do what they did with DBKai and Super, and have both shows on the block at the same time. Not sure if it will be a "Naruto hour" or have them air at separate times on the block (Boruto airing after Super and Shippuden staying in its current slot, for example).
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 am Reply with quote
I will say I wish they had announced something else. I remember one of the head guys of Toonami said there were more original shows like the FLCL sequels in production, so it would have been nice to hear them announce something else. As someone who has been done with Naruto for years. I'm not particularly excited. However I am happy for the fans of Boruto who have been waiting for this.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 am Reply with quote
Alright so we’re having another Super/Kai thing though the episode difference between both series is utterly massive.

I was told that at the rate it’s taking Shippuden’s dub to end it will be around over 5 years to finally be over.

So I can imagine that while Boruto might get a good early spot especially if the block expands again they’ll still keep Shippuden at its very late 2 A.M. time slot.
1dbad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:04 am Reply with quote
Weird we're getting Boruto before Shippuden's dub finishes, but I'm not complaining.

Looking forward to this. I've been wanting to check the anime out for a while now but wanted to wait for the dub. Glad it's coming a lot sooner than expected.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:54 am Reply with quote
For my money, the best thing on Toonami right now is their Facebook fans whining every time a new Pop Team Epic clip gets posted.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
This is the safe choice - potentially for the future of Toonami - but I do wish it would've been something like Megalo Box or Re:Zero.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am Reply with quote
Kinda surprised. The block is going to be so different in September!
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Good for the Naruto fans I guess, I’ll just be watching Jojo’s part 4 instead
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't like this because it looks like DeMarco and crew are digging a hole that they can't or don't want to get out of.

Granted long running shows provide stability for the block, but this just look bad for the block.

Right now Toonami has just two time slots to play around with for new shows. The PTE/FLCL slots. Every other slot either belongs to a long runner or a rerun.
-Super has over a year left. But by then Toei will probaly have some new DB show to trot out.
-Jojo is going into part 4 and MHA will probably go into S2.
BC and HxH have less than a year left
-Naruto is not gonna finish till like 2024/25 if Toonami is still airing unless you move it to weeknights now that Adultswim has lost both King of the Hill and Cleveland Show to Comedy Central. But I don't see that happening
-The final hour and a half are taken up by Dandy and the 5395483219160294th airing of Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.

Seeing as Boruto is airing right when PTE end, that leaves literally 1 slot for something new unless he replaces Dandy with something. That one slot is the FLCL slot which is gonna be doubled which will take us to November/December. By then who know if we get another rerun or something new. 2019 is gonna be a grind waiting for Black Clover and HunterxHutner to end.

CatSword wrote:
This is the safe choice - potentially for the future of Toonami - but I do wish it would've been something like Megalo Box or Re:Zero.

Stuff like that comes when shows like Fooly Cooly/HunterxHunter/PTE/BC end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:

not quite. its more than likely they will replace jojo's timeslot or FLCL alternative's timeslot since it will be a while before diamond is unbreakable is released!

however, for what their going to do about shippuden, even I'm wondering about that!

considering that their in the 5 kage summit arc RIGHT NOW which is a long time away from the 4th great war arc let alone the kaguya arc & the final valley arc, having the series show would have a lot of people that DON'T watch subs or the manga really confused!

also the other question is that will the dub be a world time premiere on toonami Ala bleach & hunter x hunter, or will they give it the shippuden treatment??????

the worst case scenario would be for them to completely drop the series just like with one piece which would not bode well!

the series is more or less paying for the mistakes viz and CN did by letting the series premiere on Disney X.D which have hindered it ever since. if it was allowed to be shown on AS from the start, we would probably be in the wedding arc already!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3