• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Penguin Highway Film Wins Satoshi Kon Award at Fantasia Int'l Film Festival

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:14 am Reply with quote
This looks semi-crazy.
It's almost guaranteed to be picked up and I WILL watch it in the local theater!

In a year of too many serious, heart-breaking films you need something like this!
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I knew Ishida and Colorido were doing a film (his first), but forgot its name and even if it came out already. Then, I saw the trailer just the other day, and thought something was familiar about the style. I hope they don't lean too much with the fanservice (since it doesn't seem like it should have much at all), but then again, I don't know too much about actual intended style of the film/novel and the author and director both have a taste for it (in their own particular ways) anyway. Regardless, it does look like it could be quite good and I hope it's good enough to make a name out of someone as talented as Hiroyasu Ishida, a la Shinkai & your name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:46 pm Reply with quote
These are the types of projects I like to see every once in awhile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1