• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Season 2 Confirms October 9 Debut, Opening Song Info

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VentureBro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:39 am Reply with quote
Don't let this distract you from the fact that the second season will Only have 12 episodes. 12 episodes to adapt...121 chapters!
Pegase

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
Psst. The source's Comic Natalie, not Animate Times.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
VentureBro wrote:
Don't let this distract you from the fact that the second season will Only have 12 episodes. 12 episodes to adapt...121 chapters!

Yeah, this is gonna be rushed like to some serious hell.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
VentureBro wrote:

Has it really been confirmed that the second season will get to the end of the manga? I was hoping for three seasons at least.
juusee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
VentureBro wrote:

Has it really been confirmed that the second season will get to the end of the manga? I was hoping for three seasons at least.

Yes, it's confirmed that it will cover the end of the manga, although I'm not sure how many eps it'll be. Normally we would expect 3 more seasons but this is Pierrot we're talking about, so nah.
zztop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
A gentle reminder that even manga readers thought Ghoul's plot greatly declined in quality until the end.

Ishida himself all but admitted in his final afterwords he was burnt out and stressed from working non-stop on Ghoul without breaks, which likely affected his output quality.
http://kenkamishiro.tumblr.com/post/176025577667/ishidas-afterword-part-1

Quote:
My life has revolved around chasing the deadline, week after week.
I felt that if I took a break I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to draw again, so I refused to give myself a break. Now that the series has ended, I’m finally living a life where I haven’t had a deadline looming over me for the first time in 7 years.

...I took on impossible amounts of work to try to push myself.
I cast away all sorts of things from my life, and poured all of my time into work.
I think it was because I was trying to get closer to Kaneki who’s been subjected to torture.
I’ve developed complications in my body.
I was scared at first. But after seeing all sorts of symptoms show up every few months, I resigned myself to the fact that this was the kind of body I had.
The most striking part to me was that I lost my sense of taste.
No matter what I ate, everything would taste the same. Even though the symptoms were different, I felt like I’d turned into a ghoul.
I was surprised by to what extent the human spirit is tied to the body.
There may be some readers who are disappointed by this, but I haven’t thought of drawing Tokyo Ghoul itself as fun. I hate working.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
A gentle reminder that even manga readers thought Ghoul's plot greatly declined in quality until the end.

Ishida himself all but admitted in his final afterwords he was burnt out and stressed from working non-stop on Ghoul without breaks, which likely affected his output quality.
http://kenkamishiro.tumblr.com/post/176025577667/ishidas-afterword-part-1

Quote:
My life has revolved around chasing the deadline, week after week.
I felt that if I took a break I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to draw again, so I refused to give myself a break. Now that the series has ended, I’m finally living a life where I haven’t had a deadline looming over me for the first time in 7 years.

...I took on impossible amounts of work to try to push myself.
I cast away all sorts of things from my life, and poured all of my time into work.
I think it was because I was trying to get closer to Kaneki who’s been subjected to torture.
I’ve developed complications in my body.
I was scared at first. But after seeing all sorts of symptoms show up every few months, I resigned myself to the fact that this was the kind of body I had.
The most striking part to me was that I lost my sense of taste.
No matter what I ate, everything would taste the same. Even though the symptoms were different, I felt like I’d turned into a ghoul.
I was surprised by to what extent the human spirit is tied to the body.
There may be some readers who are disappointed by this, but I haven’t thought of drawing Tokyo Ghoul itself as fun. I hate working.

What does that have to do with anything? The manga was great and even if the quality declined a bit towards the end, it won't change the fact that they're shortening 4 Arcs into 12 episodes.
Crabtree1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
VentureBro wrote:

Have you got a source for that?
ETX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote
If this series were to ever get an anime adaptation, it'll truly be a tragedy...

Points for those that get the reference.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 am Reply with quote
Everyone’s complaining about the story getting truncated (which is fair).

But I’m just glad TK’s BACK!
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
juusee wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
VentureBro wrote:

Yes, it's confirmed that it will cover the end of the manga, although I'm not sure how many eps it'll be. Normally we would expect 3 more seasons but this is Pierrot we're talking about, so nah.

The number of episodes is the announcement I'm waiting to see. History of the series would suggest 12 episodes, but they didn't cover all that much in the last season, and it's not like they aren't aware of how far away they are from adapting the remaining material. I'm hoping that will mean more episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1