• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - A Certain Magical Index III

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:10 pm Reply with quote
The third season is coming...!

Still need streaming confirmation though. Please Funimation, don't let us down!
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:33 am Reply with quote
Stiles wrote:

oh i have my doubts about that.

but the REAL problem is what arc from the source materials will this season start and what arc will it end on!? the second season had it ended with the testament arc, but considering on how at times this series would throw. its highly likely they might go with the bread & butter and start this season according to the light novels.

OR they might just say " AHHHH BOOP IT"!!!!! and immediately go to either the liberty arts city arc or the world war three arc which are said by index fans are the most popular arcs of the series!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:24 am Reply with quote
Funimation due to sales of season 2 may NOT pick up this one! More Shocking is Crunchyroll May NOT stream it either! Ouch!
Though it may happen to get streamed somewhere!
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
Funimation due to sales of season 2 may NOT pick up this one! More Shocking is Crunchyroll May NOT stream it either! Ouch!
Though it may happen to get streamed somewhere!

I'm not too sure on that, first off how do you know it didn't sell well, Funimation usually don't reveal their sales numbers as far as I'm concerned. Also, they dubbed and released the movie after the second season. If the second season didn't so well I don't see why they would have bothered with the movie as well.
Stiles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:21 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Stiles wrote:

oh i have my doubts about that.

but the REAL problem is what arc from the source materials will this season start and what arc will it end on!? the second season had it ended with the testament arc, but considering on how at times this series would throw. its highly likely they might go with the bread & butter and start this season according to the light novels.

OR they might just say " AHHHH BOOP IT"!!!!! and immediately go to either the liberty arts city arc or the world war three arc which are said by index fans are the most popular arcs of the series!!!!

I certainly understand your skepticism, that's why I wrote what I wrote. We're under three days from the premiere and nobody has confirmed streaming for the west. Hopefully it'll come within the next 48-72 hours, otherwise I don't know what to think. Index should've easily been in the top three of Funimation's most important fall acquisitions. We should've had confirmation like a month ago, yet here we are. Sad

In contrast, we've actually known what's going to be adapted for a while now. The plan seems to be the entirety of the God's Right Seat arc, so volumes 14 through 22.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-30/a-certain-magical-index-season-3-announces-more-cast/.137503

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-FE6kThE4U

Based on the newly confirmed cast and the recent trailer(s), we can confirm characters and scenes from the aforementioned novels. They appear to be starting exactly where they should with volume 14. It wouldn't make a lick of sense to skip back to the Liberal Arts City arc since that's where Railgun 3 is likely to start, given that Railgun S ends right before it.

About the article though: I hate to nitpick, but Index actually has green eyes, not blue. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1