• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection Sequel Film's Trailer Reveals New Characters, Februar

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambrose7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:02 am Reply with quote
Shario? Isn't that Suzaku?
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:16 am Reply with quote
Ambrose7 wrote:

ANN probably just made a mistake in their screenshot grabbing.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
jroa wrote:
Ambrose7 wrote:

ANN probably just made a mistake in their screenshot grabbing.

Or could just be a Suzaku look-alike (the hair seems darker, if not just the shade)
jroa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:

Or could just be a Suzaku look-alike (the hair seems darker, if not just the shade)

Nah, that's wrong in this case. The new character is actually the white-haired dude who was also in the previous PV. Suzaku dressed up as Zero is still, well, Suzaku.
GeassedbyLelouch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Here's the translation (thanks go to dioblikal from reddit):

[2 years after the Zero Requiem] The peace that dawned on the world after Lelouch's death suddenly crumbles. [The end draws near for those peaceful days.] The setting is a land of warriors: the kingdom of Gilchester. The blade of a new enemy assaults Nunnally and Zero. [The strongest knight's defeat...] [Original new production, showing in theatres] It's shattered... the peace Lelouch left behind.

---

For those who are confused by the explicit confirmation of Lelouch being dead, the previous trailer from August had that too. In fact, for 10 years the show staff have been officially confirming time and again that Lelouch is truly dead. If anyone wants to read the official statements about that, here's the database. Code theory was contradicted by the anime itself, after all.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:31 pm Reply with quote
That Shesutaaru guy is totally Ougi, only cooler.
HK16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch did all that he did just to return 2 years later? Humans really are the worst. I thought it'd be a 5 year time skip. lol Well, at least we get a 20 year old Kallen and I pray to Kami-sama that she isn't with Dio. She belongs with Lelouch. Don't fail me Taniguchi. I need you to direct that ship. Also, no. I did not watch the trailer.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm not egging on this finale film but the plot looks cheesy as hell.

Kidnap Nunnally, promote chaos on the peace Lelouch devised and yeah, out of the shadows, our antihero appears on his usual spandex + mask. Still, Taniguchi is a good storyteller, maybe it's not wrong at all to hope for a good ending.
jroa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
I'm not egging on this finale film but the plot looks cheesy as hell.

Kidnap Nunnally, promote chaos on the peace Lelouch devised and yeah, out of the shadows, our antihero appears on his usual spandex + mask. Still, Taniguchi is a good storyteller, maybe it's not wrong at all to hope for a good ending.

To be fair, there's nothing strange or unusual about that sort of plot. We're probably missing like over half the story here in terms of the details, but even then, the idea of a retired or dead "hero" (in a manner of speaking) needing to return because things went to hell in their long or short absence is...quite commonplace after all.

Considering the amount of people who claim to be so "smart" because they knew Zero Requiem's effects weren't going to last forever, this would also be a logical outcome.

When it comes to Code Geass, which consists of very few new ideas on paper, the important part is the execution. That is to say:

a) Whether there is something interesting on a character or thematic level.

b) Whether it is still enjoyable to watch, for any of several distinct reasons.

Keeping that in mind, I am waiting for this movie with limited expectations and not a ton of hype. From my own point of view, this is basically a bonus feature. Regardless of what happens next, one way or another, I'll still be quite satisfied with the original ending.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
^ This is a good evaluation.

Except I'm adding "hoping for more boy fanservice" to that list.

And judging by that shot of Suzaku... good. Very nice.

Also...... !!!!! Shimazaki...? Yess~~ I mean. He's already in Geass (he played Johannes in Akito... you know Ashley's boyfriend who gets killed), but more of him is never a bad thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1