• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Garo: Divine Flame BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AholePony

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
This movie is awesome and a must watch for any fan of Garo. The janky plot and detailed gruesome death scene near the beginning combined with the gothic setting gave me a Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust vibe.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
learning that Leon is balancing kingly and Makai Knight duties, while Alfonso helps to raise his new brother Roberto.

Leon's and Alfonso's names are swapped. The names are also swapped in the synopsis.
Ruddor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
The ending reminded me why I love Ema as a character.
frubam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Treecko Tempo wrote:
Quote:
learning that Leon is balancing kingly and Makai Knight duties, while Alfonso helps to raise his new brother Roberto.

Leon's and Alfonso's names are swapped. The names are also swapped in the synopsis.

This kinda makes me question the legitimacy of the reviewer and if s/he has actually watched the series. Should be no way someone makes that switch in every possible instance between two distinctly different chars unless something else is afoot(someone's prank, dub possibly mixing up names, etc.) =01.

Ruddor wrote:
The ending reminded me why I love Ema as a character.

Ema is really the linchpin of how a great female supporting character should be in these types of series. Because of her kit, she can give nearly as good as the Knights in some instances, and even better than them in others; she still has her vulnerabilities, but still capable of being self-sufficient in many scenarios. She knows when to be serious and can provide as much input as the guys, but still retains her feminine charms.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1