• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toji no Miko's Koudai Kakimoto Directs BanG Dream! 2nd Season Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
I still cant believe which genius thought it was a great idea to turn this show info full CGI just sigh such disapointment....
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
I still cant believe which genius thought it was a great idea to turn this show info full CGI just sigh such disapointment....

The MVs Sanzigen made for bands are great and I really liked their work on Arpeggio.

Haters gonna hate (c)
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:25 pm Reply with quote
The CG might work for performances, but other than that? It's a huge turnoff. And by that I mean "the series will probably flop based on that alone"-huge.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
The CG might work for performances, but other than that? It's a huge turnoff. And by that I mean "the series will probably flop based on that alone"-huge.

I would be happy if that can be the case but I highly doubt that it is going to hinder it from dominating 2019. CG animation has been a thing for years despite some of them coming off awkward or having inconsistent framerates. Not to mention Kemono Friends being one of them.

I also heard that this series recently got a new girl band but it is disappointing that only a few of its girl bands can perform live concerts by their voice actresses. Maybe they should train the rest of their bands first before mindlessly going off to pander to other audiences.
lucio542

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 am Reply with quote
Well ... considering that the animation of the first season was shit(the 2d was really bad) this should come out better.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 am Reply with quote
lucio542 wrote:
Well ... considering that the animation of the first season was shit(the 2d was really bad) this should come out better.

The animation itself wasn't much of note, but the artstyle and adapted designs managed to blow the franchise up a great deal, so not sure what you're talking about, probably just random contrarian bull.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:20 am Reply with quote
lucio542 wrote:
I cant say I cared for the quality of season one but from what I have seen of season 2 it is just unwatchable (for me anyway). I don't usually wish for an anime to flop since I genuinely dont care if its not the type of show I watch. However this 3DCG stuff is a blight on all anime so I always hope for shows like this to fail so the infection wont keep spreading (and yes I am a fan of the series).
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:50 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I cant say I cared for the quality of season one but from what I have seen of season 2 it is just unwatchable (for me anyway). I don't usually wish for an anime to flop since I genuinely dont care if its not the type of show I watch. However this 3DCG stuff is a blight on all anime so I always hope for shows like this to fail so the infection wont keep spreading (and yes I am a fan of the series).

Same! Maybe BanG Dream should focus and put their budget on working their girl bands and their anime instead of wasting it on their stupid little boy band. I hope this cringey CG will be its downfall. The fact that most of their voice actresses cannot perform live concerts unlike Poppin' Party and Roselia is just embarrassing. This series is still just a fresh piece of meat.
lucio542

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:31 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
lucio542 wrote:

The animation itself wasn't much of note, but the artstyle and adapted designs managed to blow the franchise up a great deal, so not sure what you're talking about, probably just random contrarian bull.

I play the game for almost 8 months already, and i think the actual design is because of him (since the design of the game is very good), i would love to see in 2D this season, but in comparison the 2D of first season an this, i like this more. Its not hate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1