• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Lineup Drops Back Down an Hour

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I mean opening up the block with DBZ kai reruns was a pretty bad idea imo
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Thus begins HeroAca's decline, sad.

I wish BLack Clover was able to stay at 1 or even 1:30. It and HxH getting pushed down so far is brutal.

Then the dead one hour and a half of the more unappealing shows at least gives me a chance to nap before BC at least. (megalo box, mob psycho, jjba)
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

I wish BLack Clover was able to stay at 1 or even 1:30. It and HxH getting pushed down so far is brutal.

Then the dead one hour and a half of the more unappealing shows at least gives me a chance to nap before BC at least. (megalo box, mob psycho, jjba)

Absolutely none of those shows are unappealing. Seriously that’s just nonsense to call it a dead hour.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Jojo's unappealing? that's the first time I've heard that
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, there goes me ever watching Jojo as it airs... good thing it goes On Demand quickly.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda okay with an hour being lost, since it was basically just repeats, and the later start time, despite me being so used to the current time frame, isn't so bad either. But I wish My Hero Academia could've been earlier in the block over Boruto. But I'm also kinda glad that the "Naruto/Boruto power hour" is done, because honestly I get so darn bored watching Naruto. At least right now I do, since it's in one of the filler arcs.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Absolutely none of those shows are unappealing. Seriously that’s just nonsense to call it a dead hour.

Yikes. Someone is being an elitist. I don't even watch Megalow Box, but sheesh. To each their own. It's not like these are mindless fanservice shows with little value. These have fans who love them.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:45 am Reply with quote
I just hope that things are alright with the block overall. Concerned because of how ratings have been. Don't want to lose Toonami again.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:53 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Toonami is preparing to lose a lot of their support from Funimation to Hulu by cutting back on the hours.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:49 am Reply with quote
That is losing two hours, not one hour.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
That is losing two hours, not one hour.

No, it's not. Toonami currently airs 14 shows. This change will reduce that to 12. It starts later in the night, but it runs later, too.

I think the later start time bothers me more than losing the hour. Half of the current lineups was reruns for me, so I wasn't watching the whole block. Having to stay up that late for Naruto is a drag. I'm a little surprised they aren't leaving it paired with Boruto, but I suppose the combination of being so far behind in episodes and being in a stretch of filler episodes meant it didn't do so well.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I think the later start time bothers me more than losing the hour. Half of the current lineups was reruns for me, so I wasn't watching the whole block. Having to stay up that late for Naruto is a drag. I'm a little surprised they aren't leaving it paired with Boruto, but I suppose the combination of being so far behind in episodes and being in a stretch of filler episodes meant it didn't do so well.

I agree. I actually preferred it that way, since keeping both stories parallel to each other meant I wasn't missing anything that could be referenced later on in Boruto. Since I watch the sister Cartoon Network, that means my Toonami night is going to be ending at 12:30 now. Dang it.
Richmyster84

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 am Reply with quote
I wonder if there would have been more viewers of the original Dragon Ball anime in the Dragon Ball Z Kai time slot? I'm sure there's a whole bunch of younger anime fans that may not have watched the original series since it hasn't seen a US tv run in well over a decade.
Vizo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could watch Hunter X Hunter earlier. I want to watch it as soon as I can but staying up throws my sleep cycle off. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1