• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Kyo Kara Maoh! Anime Seasons 1-2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:46 am Reply with quote
Ah, more Crunchyroll additions not available in the UK. This is what I'm paying them for. Well, that and not being able to watch shows using the PS4 app for hours or days after they come out, if at all.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 am Reply with quote
I assume the lack of UK streams has something to do with Discotek rather than Crunchyroll. It may be that Discotek doesn't have worldwide streaming rights for these shows and only has the options for NA streams. Maybe the Japanese licensor doesn't want the shows streamed worldwide for whatever reason or maybe Discotek can't afford worldwide streaming rights.
Chien93

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:04 am Reply with quote
Interesting. AnimeLab in Australia has the first season for streaming. Granted it’s only the dub and there was a bit of a gap when the second half of the season was added. We might get season 2, so it’s just a matter of luck and patience.
RevyHenriettaRider

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:37 am Reply with quote
Hello! Cool

I hope that one day the third season of Kyo Kara Maoh! will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray for the US market. I know that they more than likely would not dub it but it would be great if they did. I am glad to see that this one is now on Crunchyroll.
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:52 am Reply with quote
Luckily I have them on DVD and have enjoyed watching them for years. I do wish though that they would do an official release of the final season be it subbed or dubbed.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
Nice, but when is Discotek going to put season two up for preorder? Or mention whether or not they have season three and R?
babaca

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I have the first 2 seasons... I want to know if Season 3 will ever see the light of day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1