• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Fire Force Anime for Summer Simulcast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blueno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSS! This baby gettin' a dub! Crunchy ya making it real easy for peeps stay subscribers.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
As usual:
Quote:
Territories: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and the Netherlands

I feel that Crunchyroll treated Central & Eastern European and The Baltic countries badly due to geoblocking and license restrictions. So much ''equality''.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
As usual:
Quote:
Territories: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and the Netherlands

I feel that Crunchyroll treated Central & Eastern European and The Baltic countries badly due to geoblocking and license restrictions. So much ''equality''.

They sublicensed this one from FUNi. Not sure why you're blaming CR for this one.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:
As usual:
Quote:

They sublicensed this one from FUNi. Not sure why you're blaming CR for this one.

If it's not CR fault, then who's fault? And Fire Force isn't the only anime who's not available on CR in most of the European countries.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

If it's not CR fault, then who's fault? And Fire Force isn't the only anime who's not available on CR in most of the European countries.

Ultimately the original licencors in Japan. They get final say on what to license out, who to license it out to (via bid wars), and what regions they allow the licencor outside of Japan distribute it to.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, the guy who voiced Asta in Black Clover is the main character here. Though going by the trailer, looks like his range has improved beyond AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

So that's good to hear.
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:10 pm Reply with quote
sound design: Jin Akategawa

I'm sold.
meruru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:33 am Reply with quote
I can't get over how campy the premise of Fire Force is. Like, fire fighters, but they're like fighting with guns, and then there's a nun? Though seeing its popularity, I'm sure that if you give it a chance, you'll get sucked in.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:49 pm Reply with quote
... The only think I'd heard about this as that they where firefighters, and I just wrote it off.

Gotta say not what I was expecting. Kind of interested but just going by what I've heard of Asta in the sub I am not looking forward to that dudes voice.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:
... The only think I'd heard about this as that they where firefighters, and I just wrote it off.

Gotta say not what I was expecting. Kind of interested but just going by what I've heard of Asta in the sub I am not looking forward to that dudes voice.

I don't think there's much to worry about for his performance. The biggest factor in why Asta is/was so grating was that he yelled every single line like he had just caught his foot in a bear trap. Shinra has his hot-blooded (heh) moments but is a way more subdued character so he shouldn't be yelling all the time
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quote
A voice actor's performance often depends on how the director tells them to play the character as much as it does their own talents. Just because Asta's VA played him that way in Black Clover doesn't necessarily mean all his roles will be like that and I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I haven't kept up with Black Clover, but I've heard it's not as bad as when the show first started airing.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:14 am Reply with quote
Since Crunchyroll's parent company is WarnerMedia-owned Otter Media, one would think WarnerMedia is generous enough to use their deep pockets to let CR get "worldwide but Japan and China" licenses for at least 5 of their seasonal simulcasts.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
As usual:
Quote:

I'm not sure why companies are so restricted in licensing. These companies should know by now that if something isn't made legally available in a place where there is demand, people will find illegal ways to acquire it.

Perhaps the cost of distributing to other regions does not generate sufficient revenue?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1