• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monica Rial, Ronald Toye, Jamie Marchi Also File Motions to Dismiss Vic Mignogna's Lawsuit

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirvana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:18 am Reply with quote
F in chat for mods (again).

Sadly as much as I want this to end when his lawsuit gets chucked out the window, I know all too well it's gonna continue until the grifters and "fans" just find their next target...

Maybe some disbarments along the way would ease that.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:28 am Reply with quote
Considering the 12 signed affidavits and Vic detonating his argument in his testimony, I don't see this panning out well for him.
geepee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:43 am Reply with quote
Mirvana wrote:

Sadly as much as I want this to end when his lawsuit gets chucked out the window, I know all too well it's gonna continue until the grifters and "fans" just find their next target...

at least it's making some fine entertainment.
Mirvana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:52 am Reply with quote
Literally the only legit satisfaction/entertainment I've gotten out of this was from watching a clip of blackface lawyer's heart completely shatter when Vic basically nukes the entire case while under oath. Seeing that was majestic, even if it only lasted about 3seconds before BFL realized he had to recompose himself to keep the grift going.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:16 am Reply with quote
Mirvana wrote:
Literally the only legit satisfaction/entertainment I've gotten out of this was from watching a clip of blackface lawyer's heart completely shatter when Vic basically nukes the entire case while under oath. Seeing that was majestic, even if it only lasted about 3seconds before BFL realized he had to recompose himself to keep the grift going.

I would like to see this, but a cursory youtube search yields almost nothing but a torrent of pro-vic trash videos. Very unpleasant.

Last edited by Gem-Bug on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirvana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:21 am Reply with quote
It was something Marzgurl retweeted (i think part of the threadnaught?) a few days back. I'd link, but mods might deem this off topic as is, so I'll just say scroll down her feed to Wednesday (17th) and you should come across it.
nargun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 am Reply with quote
geepee wrote:
Mirvana wrote:

at least it's making some fine entertainment.

Eh. Watching somebody angle-grind their own genitalia off is only fun for the first half-hour, tops. The second and subsequent... I mean, there's still blood and screaming and pain but it doesn't gain anything in the repitition.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:02 am Reply with quote
Vic came off super creepy in his deposition. And reading the motion to dismiss, it seems like his lawsuit is sunk. I’d be very surprised if it isn’t tossed out, as he is truly libel proof at this point. The Vic cultists are desperate to rationalize now, it’s almost funny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:05 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Vic came off super creepy in his deposition. And reading the motion to dismiss, it seems like his lawsuit is sunk. I’d be very surprised if it isn’t tossed out, as he is truly libel proof at this point. The Vic cultists are desperate to rationalize now, it’s almost funny.

My favorite is how many people are now claiming that pull Jamie’s hair, which Vic has now admitted to, is not “assault” but is in fact “battery” and he shouldn’t have lost his job over it. I can’t even fathom how far you have to be in a cult of personality to make that argument.

Hopefully this gets dismissed soon. Vic’s whole case has been laughable since the start.
Sad Petal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 am Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
but a cursory youtube search yields almost nothing but a torrent of pro-vic trash videos. Very unpleasant.

Kickvic has chosen to utilize their platform on Twitter to voice their opinions and IStandWithVic has chosen to utilize Youtube to voice their opinions. Either or, no one is stopping Kickvic to speak up on Youtube. But like you said and you are right that there are more pro-vic who dominate the Youtube space.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:25 am Reply with quote
Sad Petal wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:
but a cursory youtube search yields almost nothing but a torrent of pro-vic trash videos. Very unpleasant.

Kickvic has chosen to utilize their platform on Twitter to voice their opinions and IStandWithVic has chosen to utilize Youtube to voice their opinions. Either or, no one is stopping Kickvic to speak up on Youtube. But like you said and you are right that there are more pro-vic who dominate the Youtube space.

Still real unpleasant. But no worries, I found the video of him admitting to assault on Twitter. Smile
RealMTL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:27 am Reply with quote
Just end it already. This whole situation has lasted way longer than it should have. I don't even care who wins the lawsuit anymore.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:35 am Reply with quote
There has been so much contriding information about this case i have no idea who to believe in anymore, i just wish someone can show me a complete impartial source of information with no support for either vic or funimation so i can understand who really seems to be at fault here, but everyone here is either pointing fingers with one another be it a vic fan or funimation fan or trading insults and not a proper assessment of information.
Sethimothy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:45 am Reply with quote
Those of us following this whole ordeal elsewhere know that this is all par for the course and telecasted to happen for about a week now.

Of course, even after the case is thrown out and then the appeal happens, this will continue. Vile individuals have already co-opted this lawsuit to be less about one man being held to account for decades of poor actions, and more about how they feel their fandom is being overcommercialized, overly politically correct, and too accepting of cosplayers of the wrong gender or skin color. This whole ordeal has done a lot to show the festering boil of the fandom, but in that it's also given many the opportunity to address it and speak out so that it can be lanced and cleansed.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
There has been so much contriding information about this case i have no idea who to believe in anymore, i just wish someone can show me a complete impartial source of information with no support for either vic or funimation so i can understand who really seems to be at fault here, but everyone here is either pointing fingers with one another be it a vic fan or funimation fan or trading insults and not a proper assessment of information.

I mean, you either believe sexual assault is wrong, or you look the other way/are full into it. There's really no impartial on the subject. Impartial is the "looking the other way" bit. Funimation/Sony has been laying out facts on the situation as it happens in a professional way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14