• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 7SEEDS Anime Gets 2nd Season on Netflix in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:17 am Reply with quote
Lol, dang. I really didn't want to watch a lackluster adaptation, but I'm really glad it's getting a second season. I'm gonna binge the first, take the second as it is (when it comes), and still promote the heck outta the series, manga and the anime. (And pray of localization of the manga.)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 am Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
Lol, dang. I really didn't want to watch a lackluster adaptation, but I'm really glad it's getting a second season. I'm gonna binge the first, take the second as it is (when it comes), and still promote the heck outta the series, manga and the anime. (And pray of localization of the manga.)
I thought it got quite good by the end, and maybe with a second season they could up the production values.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 am Reply with quote
A rare case of a renewal literally no one asked for. This had to be a 2 cour order from the start to make this happen.

The 1 cour Basara settled on doing 5 (out of 27) volumes with 13 eps. 7Seeds "adapted" 16 (out of 36) volumes with 12 eps. This may be a new record in rushed stupidity, outside of the abysmal production values and S02 can only get worse if the do 20 with 12. That 4000 pages for 12 eps! Yumi Tamura seems to be cursed. Only The Fang of the Sun Dougram film may be more rushed as it condensed 75 eps. into 80 minutes. You stay toxic Gonzo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hatsu95

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 am Reply with quote
This was one of the worst abominations I have ever watched and I watch anime for almost 10 years so that's really telling
Echii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 am Reply with quote
one of the underrated anime

I'm happy that it got 2nd season
dharlow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:42 pm Reply with quote
What a waste of anime talent. One season of this abomination was too much. A second season is just pouring salt in an open wound.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Wonder when we're gonna get more word on that B: The Beginning season 2.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:22 pm Reply with quote
We’re getting a second season of both this and the botched Arifutera adaptation? People must really enjoy hate watching.
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
We’re getting a second season of both this and the botched Arifutera adaptation? People must really enjoy hate watching.

I'll admit that Arifutera is in the so-bad-its-good category (at least for me), but this show is just unwatchable.
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:09 pm Reply with quote
HuuskerDu wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

I'll admit that Arifutera is in the so-bad-its-good category (at least for me), but this show is just unwatchable.

lol 7 Seeds being rushed doesn't mean it's unwatchable and while the production Value is meh you can tell that the animators were trying at least so it's still watchable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1