• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Kengan Ashura is Netflix's Weirdest Punch Fest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Okay I'm kinda disappointed at how you guys rather simplified Ohma vs Rain as just "2 guys punching each other".

It rather completely misses the point of the last leg of the fight since Ohma actually isn't just punching harder.

Last edited by Scion Drake on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:43 pm Reply with quote
No love for the fluid technique switching in Okubo vs. Fang? That was one of the most striking displays of skill this season, with Ohma actually using his moves properly being second, but I guess it all pales before dank memes.

You didn't even post the screen with the serial killer chiding a doctor on the legality of his conduct, smh.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm too busy at the moment so I still haven't watch all of Kengan Ashura's episodes, but I am really enjoying the show, it's so over the top, the action is good and there are some really funny moments. The only complaint I have is that it can get a bit repetitive.
I have to give props to the latin-sapnish dub version, the cast is a good mix of veterans and newcomers, and it was a nice touch that they cast the actor who voices Mickey Mouse in spanish to voice the fighter obsessed with its parody Mockey Laughing , while the owner of Destinyland is voiced by his father who in turn voiced a lot of classic Disney characters like The Beast and Simba, that was hilarious.
Ryomanagare

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:29 pm Reply with quote
The thirty second fight was the best IMO. It had no interruptions, just some quick exchanges, an aikido hold, and a KO. Very well choreographed.

Also Fang vs Okubo was pretty well choreographed too and a great example of fighting smarter not harder.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:41 pm Reply with quote
This was one of the most ridiculously entertaining shows I watched this year, and if gets the additional episodes it needs to cover the rest of the manga, I'll forgive Netflix for cancelling American Vandal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1