• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TV Tokyo Establishes Subsidiary for Joint Animation Production in China

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valoon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah thats a good idea right now...
RoninX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
I say **** China’s government. Don’t give them any business til they change they change all their “free trade” policies
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:55 am Reply with quote
valoon wrote:

I don't envy companies like TV Tokyo because they're in a tough position here. Of course there are the obvious concerns with dealing with the Chinese government. On the other hand, there's always the chance that if they refuse to play nice with the Chinese then the Chinese will simply bypass them and leave them without a slice of the pie. Getting involved with the Chinese at least gives them some measure of control and market feedback, as well as positioning them to sell their own media into the massive Chinese market. They are in a tough position either way.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I can understand why TV Tokyo is doing this since China is a huge market but it is dancing on the edge of a knife. The Chinese government has shown they will ban shows at any time without explanation and that they prefer domestic production where they have complete control. The joint production deal might be good for a few years but I don't see it working out in the long term.
valoon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:30 am Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
valoon wrote:

I don't envy companies like TV Tokyo because they're in a tough position here. Of course there are the obvious concerns with dealing with the Chinese government. On the other hand, there's always the chance that if they refuse to play nice with the Chinese then the Chinese will simply bypass them and leave them without a slice of the pie. Getting involved with the Chinese at least gives them some measure of control and market feedback, as well as positioning them to sell their own media into the massive Chinese market. They are in a tough position either way.

yeah that's true, also the japanese themself dont really pay their animators much, so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1