• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3D CG Anime 'OBSOLETE' Reveals Trailer for Show's Part II Premiering in Winter 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSatyre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:45 am Reply with quote
Two episodes could easily be combined into one, thereby allowing for more cohesiveness to the storytelling and character arc building. As is,.the episodes are too short, and the stories come across as disjointed and not very interesting.

Not much more to be said.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:00 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news! I actually loved the first season but it was obviously just an intro to a much larger story so hopefully they'll be able to do a proper follow up. Still, I wish it had normal-lenght episodes tough
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:09 pm Reply with quote
So is the show worth watching? I was curious about it because of Urobuchi’s involvement but I didn’t hear a whole lot of people talking about it while it was airing and I wasn’t aware of any anime news outlets that have done reviews of it yet.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:10 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
So is the show worth watching? I was curious about it because of Urobuchi’s involvement but I didn’t hear a whole lot of people talking about it while it was airing and I wasn’t aware of any anime news outlets that have done reviews of it yet.

Ir early like gen's works and still missed this one ,even though Iw as following it's pre-release announcements. I think it's ebcaue of the way it got relased, as a youtube series at the ahlf point of a season.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:47 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

If you like realistic mecha stuff (think Gasaraki, Votoms or Flag, after all Ryosuke Takahashi, the man behind those series is also participating here), I'd say by all means give it a go. It does have a fascinating premise and intriguing characters and I didn't mind the CGI at all (it actually felt almost like a 2d series to me). Fair warning, though: the series is just 6 12 minutes episodes (basically 3 standard tv episodes) so it is just an introduction to the main story. Now that we have a confirmation of a second season (hopefully with longer episodes this time) I'd say it is totally worth checking out. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1