• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me? Original Video Anime's Promo Unveils May 23 Relea

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:42 am Reply with quote
ready for a status quo ending .
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:53 pm Reply with quote
probably..

I'd safely say PASS on this one.. never really liked the main character, and again there is something about the character designs in this series that really irked me.
Cryten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I would be happy if the Joro does not end up behaving just like Hose in stringing along his Harem in a status quo ending. But I honestly dont expect it of the series. For all its irreverent subversion of expectations in its first 4 videos, it ended up exactly like the shows it was poking fun at.

Why couldnt the series actually have characters interested in people other then its MC? It would of added character and some real drama. (Of its main cast)
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
I would be happy if the Joro does not end up behaving just like Hose in stringing along his Harem in a status quo ending. But I honestly dont expect it of the series. For all its irreverent subversion of expectations in its first 4 videos, it ended up exactly like the shows it was poking fun at.

Why couldnt the series actually have characters interested in people other then its MC? It would of added character and some real drama. (Of its main cast)

Wasnt the initial premise that two of the girls WERE interested in someone other than him, but he turned out to be a fake PoS?
Cryten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Cryten wrote:

Wasnt the initial premise that two of the girls WERE interested in someone other than him, but he turned out to be a fake PoS?

Yes, but it turns out they all had hidden burning desires for Joro instead. We dont know if it was meant to be all the time or if they did a weird reverse psychology thing. Or if they where so struck by Joro's insults of them when they where hidden in the library that they fell for him there. Either way every action after the 3rd episode indicated they had a thing for Joro and the in ending eps they declared their feeling for him. But in such a way that he didn't have to choose someone to date. Just that they wanted a chance to be with him.

For a few episodes after the confrontation I kept believing that the series would follow through on Pansies educating of Joro that people are complex. Ignoring the doey eyes and self sacrificing actions of the girls for Joro even as they called him a stinker. But after a few eps of girl acting badly is secretly after Joro repeated for his whole extended harem It was clear. The opening act was the exception. At least for the first season. There is a small part of me that wonders if it could get better again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1