• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime Of Spring 2020

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cchigu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Having read most of the source materials of the stuff airing this season, I would say that I am most excited for Kaguya-sama overall, although the stuff I want to see the most is the adaptation of volume 14 of Oregairu. Ah, forgot about it but Fruits Basket is up there too. Kyou <3

Tower of God is a shitty manhwa, there, I said it.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Only oregairu and bakarina for me; yet I said somethign similar the previosu season and subtext yuri added like 6 shows to my watchlist. Though it looks like this time the only thing adding to my backlist will be shows getting great reviews.

About rezero, I was told that that scene got added to the last episode, so that should make the wait better.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:57 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
About rezero, I was told that that scene got added to the last episode, so that should make the wait better.

Kinda off topic for this thread, but yes, the final episode of the replay did have a new four minute long scene as an epilogue, which seems innocuous at first but ends on one hell of a final line of dialog. It's such a massive twist that I have to think it's what people who know the novels have been talking about. (I haven't read that far into the novels.) If you're an anime-only follower of the franchise, go to the 53:48 mark of episode 13 of the replay to see the whole scene.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I'll watch final cour of Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld and Fruits Basket season 2. Probably Oregairu. As for the others, I may wait to watch some animes when it ends.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Kakushigoto, for being more Kumeta, and Gal & Dino for being Pop Team Epic's director.
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Kaguya-sama is the clear winner for my hype but it seems like there's a lot of good hopefuls in the running this season.
dmanatunga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Tower of God is complete? At least, the English translations aren't. And based on where the story is, I have a hard time imagining it finishing any time soon. Tower of God is almost feels like One Piece levels of near the end.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised were getting anime at all with the virus being everywhere. Glad stuff still coming out.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Besides the obvious sequels - there's a whopping 5 of them at least I'm watching, namely Oregairu, Kaguya, Bookworm, Idolish7 and Aikatsu - and BNA which is already out, albeit not entirely legally, this season is packed for sure. For me, I'm definitely checking out Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (the fishing anime from Doga Kobo), Sing Yesterday for Me (also Doga Kobo), Princess Connect (because it's the Konosuba director and looks fun), Bakarina and Gal & Dinosaur for sure. Tamayomi is also on the list for the simple reason it's a Kirara title and also the manga is good, although I'm wary about the adaptation; I didn't hear good things about it, which is a shame Sad And I'll eat my hat if Mewkledreamy gets licensed by anyone.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:47 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated show is Kaguya-sama: Love Is War 2 as I loved the first season, second would be Tower of God since I have read and like a bit of the webtoon (though I eventually dropped it later on). Also Appare Ranman! looks like it will be pretty enjoyable.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:39 pm Reply with quote
SNAFU Climax because I will finally see the conclusion to the story after 5 long years.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Searching indicates that Fruits Basket will premiere on April 7th. Rather remarkable that none of the reviewers mentioned it. Has it been delayed?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:17 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Searching indicates that Fruits Basket will premiere on April 7th. Rather remarkable that none of the reviewers mentioned it. Has it been delayed?

Ummm. . .

Quote:
Fruits Basket is also returning, and that will be high on my priority list as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kotomikun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Bookworm, no question. Though now that I've heard about Arte, that's probably my most anticipated new one. Pretty unusual subject for anime.

Villainess is also up there, though I'm apprehensive about the animation quality from the previews so far. (Somebody's gonna call me a hypocrite because of that other thread, but an otome-game-fanatic protagonist is far enough from both typical anime and my own life experience to be interesting.)
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Beyond sequels like Kaguya, Oregairu, Fruits Basket, Bookworm etc. (and Netflix exclusives that won't legally be available outside Japan like BNA), the shows I'm looking forward to the most are probably Gal & Dino, for both the premise and to see what the Pop Team Epic team will do with it, and Villainess. I'm interested in the good things that I have heard from readers of the source material, as well as seeing how it might shift the conversation around the genre, as it seems like a harbinger of a further broadening of the genre in anime form. I hope that it can help convince more to accept that the genre is and will be a part of the medium, and make it undeniable that the genre is not just one thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2