• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Arte TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quote
And Crunchyroll loses another spring anime to Funimation. AGAIN. Sad that these days CR is becoming useless because of Funi. Those who are not available on CR and Funi is heavily geoblocked, may have no choice but watching illegally.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Another anime I have to go elsewhere to watch Sad

Funimation never works for me. Before anyone suggests Hulu, I’m not from the US!!!!

I will buy the the blu-ray if it does get released in the UK...
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping Funimation would get this show specifically. I think this has a lot of potential for a really great, fitting dub (once those are able to resume eventually in the future).
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:31 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
I was hoping Funimation would get this show specifically. I think this has a lot of potential for a really great, fitting dub (once those are able to resume eventually in the future).

Same here. I'm really hoping they will also try to go the accent route as well.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty much the only anime I'm interested in this season, so I can't wait to finally watch it!
OddJobsKatsura

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I think Sony/Funimation/Aniplex are really betting it all on this season. They have more anime than Crunchyroll this season. They're pricing plans are aggressive and I've received several free trials for Funimation last season. They have Aniplex exclusives as well now. I hope most titles are on Hulu, but I'm probably going to pirate several. I really hope Kaguya-Sama season 2 ends up on CR though.

P.S. I still want the partnership to come back. CR does subtitles and streaming better (especially on VRV) as well as marketing. Seriously, sometimes I forget the gems Funi has each season. Funi does dubs and home video better. CR produces few dubs and some of their titles are locked in digital hell (Yori Moi). Plus they would be spending less money each season on titles. When they announced the partnership they said something like the following: "Bringing more anime to fans and more fans to anime." So far I don't like where we're going. Sorry for the mini rant. Stay safe.
Turro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 pm Reply with quote
God, I hate Funimation! I was really looking to watch this show, but now I can forget about the possibility of streaming it legally in my country.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I really hate when shows I want end up on Funi or Netflix for different reasons. Funimation just don't work in my country unlike Crunchyroll (where I have a prem account). Yes, we have Wakanim, but I really prefer watching with English subs, not with Russian ones which Wakanim has.

At least 4 other series I will watch ended up on Crunchy.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 am Reply with quote
Funi VA Kristen McGuire was happy Funi got this (via the Twitter announcement). Her Twitter page has expressed interest in this, so she may or may not become involved with this project.
matt78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:03 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
Damn. I really hate when shows I want end up on Funi or Netflix for different reasons. Funimation just don't work in my country unlike Crunchyroll (where I have a prem account). Yes, we have Wakanim, but I really prefer watching with English subs, not with Russian ones which Wakanim has.

Hopefully in the future Funimation will provide English subs to Wakanim for those of you in Europe that don't get FunimationNow and don't speak Russian.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:07 am Reply with quote
matt78 wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:

Hopefully in the future Funimation will provide English subs to Wakanim for those of you in Europe that don't get FunimationNow and don't speak Russian.

I do speak Russian, anmd some of my aquitances translate for Wakanim, just that I prefer English translation. And I am not sure if Wakanim even allows to choose the subs language like CR do.
Morry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:27 am Reply with quote
With how often Funi has done Victorian British dubs, I'm curious if they will go full Italian with regional dialects.
el_morris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:36 am Reply with quote
Damn, another series a was really looking forward to goes to a streaming platform that does not exist in my country (MX). So... To the high seas, I guess?
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:20 pm Reply with quote
el_morris wrote:
Damn, another series a was really looking forward to goes to a streaming platform that does not exist in my country (MX). So... To the high seas, I guess?

Doubt it. Personally I don't get how Funimation was saying how we need to support the animation studios yet it difficult for those outside of Canada and USA to watch anime. A lot of them are going to watch on those non official sites. I don't blame 'em tbh. But, hey, we get a dub
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
With how often Funi has done Victorian British dubs, I'm curious if they will go full Italian with regional dialects.

I think it depends on the director. If Caitlin Glass ends up directing it will more than likely have accents since she is known for doing that more often than not in dubs that call for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2