• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spiral Mystery Manga Gets 'Revival' Serialization

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 am Reply with quote
I'm curious as to why; if this indicates a new installment of some sort for the series and re-releasing it digitally is a way to reignite peoples' interest. I greatly enjoyed Spiral though the ending arc was such a downer I haven't re-read it since.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:31 pm Reply with quote
maybe they are planning on a rerelease of the manga in a new edition or something?
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:18 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
I'm curious as to why; if this indicates a new installment of some sort for the series and re-releasing it digitally is a way to reignite peoples' interest. I greatly enjoyed Spiral though the ending arc was such a downer I haven't re-read it since.

Agreed I did not liked the ending as well, and it does not make me want to read it again.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

I'd first heard of this author through record of a fallen vampire and while the ending was very sad, it was the good kind of sad. It remains one of my most memorable manga series to date.
I'm tempted to read spiral as it was also on my list of things to read but resisted on account of not wanting to go through that heartbreak again.
Looking at the author's entry I'm quite surprised that they wrote blast of tempest and In/spectre. The former I loved the beginning but disliked the ending and the latter is still ongoing... who knows how that will end.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Good Very Happy
Suxinn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:30 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I love Shirodaira Kyo, and Spiral is my favorite work from him, so I'd love if there was more from this series, in any form.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:27 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Looking at the author's entry I'm quite surprised that they wrote blast of tempest and In/spectre. The former I loved the beginning but disliked the ending and the latter is still ongoing... who knows how that will end.

I felt the same for Blat of Tempest; I loved the beginning half but fell off hard once the sentai-like character was introduced. It felt like too much tonal whiplash.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I think one of the reasons I tend to stay from this author's work is how they tend to have intriguing premises but downright disappointing endings. I thought it was just me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1