• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Game Heads West for PS4, Switch, PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 am Reply with quote
Cool. I just recently got into this series. Plowed through Cold Steel 1, 2 and 3 back-to-back-to-back. I liked them so much that I think this game takes the spot from Cyberpunk as my most anticipated upcoming game.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Cool. I just recently got into this series. Plowed through Cold Steel 1, 2 and 3 back-to-back-to-back. I liked them so much that I think this game takes the spot from Cyberpunk as my most anticipated upcoming game.

Make sure you play the Sky and Crossbell games if you haven't already. If you don't you'll be missing a lot of important information and a lot of stuff in Cold Steel 4 won't make any sense.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:19 am Reply with quote
Kisuke525 wrote:
Make sure you play the Sky and Crossbell games if you haven't already. If you don't you'll be missing a lot of important information and a lot of stuff in Cold Steel 4 won't make any sense.

I watched long ass story summary videos of the previous games on youtube before I played CS3 and thanks to those I understood every reference and recognized every character so I'm fine.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Kisuke525 wrote:

I watched long ass story summary videos of the previous games on youtube before I played CS3 and thanks to those I understood every reference and recognized every character so I'm fine.

Ah, alright that should be decent at least. If they covered the deeper parts of the world building and the mysteries "especially the parts in the sky trilogy" you probably won't have too much to worry about. Can't say for certain though since Cold Steel 4 goes pretty deep into that stuff and I don't really know what those videos covered.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity can you can carry over saved data from III to IV? I really want to pick this up when it comes out but my backlog is super full, and I am trying to not buy anymore games until I whittle the backlog I have going on down.

Not to mention I need to beat III still, and I'm slowly making my way through Zero no Kiseki on PC (Woo Geofront Translation!). I got to admit though having now played some of Zero it kind of made me excited to see these characters pop up in III way more Anime hyper

If the saved data doesn't carry over I'm kind of debating on getting this one on Switch next year solely because these games are so damn wordy that at least I don't have to worry about not being able to save in the middle of an hour long cut-scene.

Honestly I kind of wish my PS4 version was on Switch.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:26 am Reply with quote
AntiKuro wrote:
Out of curiosity can you can carry over saved data from III to IV? I really want to pick this up when it comes out but my backlog is super full, and I am trying to not buy anymore games until I whittle the backlog I have going on down.

Not to mention I need to beat III still, and I'm slowly making my way through Zero no Kiseki on PC (Woo Geofront Translation!). I got to admit though having now played some of Zero it kind of made me excited to see these characters pop up in III way more Anime hyper

If the saved data doesn't carry over I'm kind of debating on getting this one on Switch next year solely because these games are so damn wordy that at least I don't have to worry about not being able to save in the middle of an hour long cut-scene.

Yes it recognizes Cold Steel 3 data, but I don't think you get much for it. If I remember correctly it's just some items but I could be wrong.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:22 am Reply with quote
Kisuke525 wrote:
AntiKuro wrote:

Yes it recognizes Cold Steel 3 data, but I don't think you get much for it. If I remember correctly it's just some items but I could be wrong.

Just some items, and if you were at level 75 with Rean a pendant.

Also IV did what the second game did and locks story content behind new game plus, in this case, the true ending, and the tease to Trails of Beginning,what will be the start of the Calvard Arc.
tomdean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:18 am Reply with quote
if the poster is legit, are we finally going to have the 3 MCs together? could not stand Estelle for 1 minute but happy to see Joshua though
hack5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:14 am Reply with quote
tomdean wrote:
if the poster is legit, are we finally going to have the 3 MCs together? could not stand Estelle for 1 minute but happy to see Joshua though

Really its so rare to find someone who does not think that Estelle is the best thing ever yes there are some of us out there but its such an unpopular opinion that most of us say nothing at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1