• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Cowboy Bebop, Power Rangers Shows Allowed to Film Again in New Zealand

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:20 pm Reply with quote
They really shouldn't. And by that I mean both they shouldn't keep making this live-action that has a high chance of being bad but also New Zealand really shouldn't make exceptions when they're doing so well unless they're also quarantining the people for 2 weeks after they arrive (I don't see such a thing listed anywhere) like the UK is doing.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
They really shouldn't. And by that I mean both they shouldn't keep making this live-action that has a high chance of being bad but also New Zealand really shouldn't make exceptions when they're doing so well unless they're also quarantining the people for 2 weeks after they arrive (I don't see such a thing listed anywhere) like the UK is doing.

All overseas visitors must spend 14 days in isolation upon arrival in New Zealand, and these productions must follow this requirement:

https://screenguild.co.nz/resources/ScreenSafe%20Protocols%20Addendum%20Level%201_Guidance_090620_pdf.pdf
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:50 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

All overseas visitors must spend 14 days in isolation upon arrival in New Zealand, and these productions must follow this requirement:

https://screenguild.co.nz/resources/ScreenSafe%20Protocols%20Addendum%20Level%201_Guidance_090620_pdf.pdf

They also have to test negative 2 times before being released. There was a huge panic recently when 2 sisters were allowed out early to see their dad (their mum had just died) and they tested positive after leaving. Now everyone gets tested on day 3 and day 12 of their isolation.
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:23 am Reply with quote
I suspect it should read Power Rangers or Power Rangers Dino Fury instead of Power Rangers Beast Morphers, because Beast Morphers is complete. They don't need to film anything else on it.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 am Reply with quote
Only 19 crew members? Does that include the cast and directors, or just in addition? Either way that does not sound like a lot of people to film a Netflix series or a movie.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Only 19 crew members? Does that include the cast and directors, or just in addition? Either way that does not sound like a lot of people to film a Netflix series or a movie.

In the case of Power Rangers, they employ a lot of locals for cast and crew. The show moving there IIRC was something of a boon to their industry.
RevyHenriettaRider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:50 am Reply with quote
Hello! Cool

I am glad that they are going to let them film Power Rangers with a few actors from overseas. Power Rangers have had a mix of local talent and overseas talent as the cast. I am just glad that they are going to move forward with filming the new series. I am sure that they will do what must be done to keep everyone safe while filming. I believe that they have already filmed all of Beast Morphers. I believe that the new Power Rangers is going to be Dino Fury.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
They really shouldn't. And by that I mean both they shouldn't keep making this live-action that has a high chance of being bad

But then people would complain about how Hollywood doesn’t take risks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1