• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Summer 2020 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I am pretty happy ALL my currently-watching shows made the cut, although I do have to wonder the ones such as Uzaki-chan, Monster Girl doctor, The Misfit Demon King Academy only made it because of how sparse this summer season is?

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

I am actually eager to hear reviewer's reactions on Uzaki-chan and Misfit demon king once they got to the juicy part (i.e. showing unexpected depth of the respective stories)
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:06 pm Reply with quote
All three of those were voted pretty high. Scarcity might have been a factor but they were higher than even some of the more popular shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:13 pm Reply with quote
What? Fruits Basket didn't make it? So that means no more Furuba reviews from Lauren? SAD. I'm miss Jacob's reviews on Furuba.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlamMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, almost everything I'm watching is covered. Must be due to the smaller season as that never happens (I'm a CGDCT and healing anime fan mostly after all). I assume Fruits Basket is also continuing as it didn't say it wasn't? If so that means 11 out of 14. Otherwise 10 out of 14 still not bad. That's pretty good for me.
andramus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Theron review season 1 of Re:Zero?

I appreciate having a diversity of views but I also like continuity. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

It might be nice if at the end of this season there was a column where Kim and Theron could exchange their thoughts on the series to date. I'm not sure what Kim thought of season 1 overall.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I am pleased to hear that Misfit was voted highly. The second episode has already showed that there's a bit more to this series. (Would have volunteered for that one myself if I didn't already have a full card of continuing/sequel titles.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh, Lauren is still doing Fruits Basket!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Nice, Frog is doing reviews. I can't wait to hear about her best boy opinions in an official fashion.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Great line-up. I love the long roster of reviewers that ANN can muster!
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I’m not surprised about Demon King Academy. It’s maintained about a 4.0 average user rating here for the last week and it is the 6th highest on MAL by most members of the shows that premiered this season, so it seems there is a significant enough audience for it, and that audience seems to enjoy it. I think it is promising myself after being skeptical before the season started.

While I would have liked to have seen Theron continue his reviews of Re:Zero, it’s understandable as he is one of the reviewers covering 5(!) series this season. If he had to pick one new series to continue reviewing, I think Alicization was probably the right choice, given multiple reviewers have seen Re:Zero and likely would be interested in reviewing it if given the opportunity. I have confidence that Kim will do a good job, so I’m not worried about the reviewer change.

I think reviewing Japan Sinks weekly was a good choice, mainly because I think it’s best not to binge it in one or even a few sittings. After watching the first two episodes, especially with how the second episode ended, I decided it was a bit too heavy to just quickly go through the episodes, personally speaking, and that it would probably be best to pace myself, so having a weekly review fits nicely with that.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice, Kim is covering Re:Zero! I know she's a fan and even is somewhat familiar with some of the material S2 is adapting so I'm especially looking forward to them.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Damn, no Peter Grill. Can't say I'm surprised, though.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:18 pm Reply with quote
No reviews of the current Precure makes me sad.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 pm Reply with quote
While I'm interested to see if Uzaki-Chan will be worth watching or not and it will still be reviewed, c'mon, we haven't had a review on a PreCure/Pretty Cure series bit by bit on ANN ever.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:22 pm Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
No reviews of the current Precure makes me sad.

They did say that they would need the first 12 episodes to be available in order to review it. That hasn’t happened yet, so they can’t review it yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2