• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Police Arrest Man for Threatening Kodansha Staff on Twitter Over Novel Submission

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 am Reply with quote
Mentioned he "never meant to carry out the threat"? Bullcrap. That's an excuse heard again and again and he's desperately trying to get out of trouble, no luck.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Did this moron think that in a post-Kyoani fire Japan that the studios would not take any threats against them seriously? Then he is sorely mistaken and honestly, if Kodansha is thinking about pressing charges against this guy then I don't blame them at all because honestly, after what happened with Kyoto Animation last year, would anyone take that chance? I wouldn't.

What that arsonist did to Kyoani last year was unthinkable and for many studios that received death threats since then, they should not take any threats against them lightly because if what happened against Kyoani can happen, it can happen to them too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1