• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Forum Tournament - Nominations - Voting Period

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Your votes were added Blood.

I mentioned the technical difficulties to Tempest akumachef regarding your post. He or Dan have to manually give mods permissions to each new section as they're made. So once that happens we'll merge your post here even if voting is done so it shows up. Once we have mod permissions it will also make sure there are no issues come the actual tournament.
Sentire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Here are my upvotes!

Baccano:
Ladd Russo

Bleach:
Byakuya Kikuchi

Fate/ Franchise:
Kiritsugu Emiya

Hellsing Ultimate:
Father Alexander Anderson

Hunter x Hunter:
Gon Freaks

One Punch Man:
Bang (Silver Fang)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Votes added.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Frankly I find Nice more of a bad-ass than Jacuzzi myself. I'll vote for Ladd, though he is more deranged than bad-ass.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:49 am Reply with quote
I admit, I was a bit surprised that Jacuzzi got upvoted but Nice did not. To each their own though.

And with that the run off voting is done and we have a full slate. I'll update the mast list on page 1 with an * by the winners of those series that needed the run off. I'll actually just mark all of the top 3 for all of the series to make life easier. The tournament will either start Monday the 28th, or Monday the 4th. Christmas is right around the corner and I have other commitments this weekend. So we'll see if I can get it all up by this coming Monday or not. If not than next Monday (Jan 4th) will definitely be the start date. You have until I get the first set of brackets up to enter into the mini game. Check back on page 1 for the details on that. Long story short it requires no additional effort on your part. But since there is a prize for it at the end of the tournament you need to sign up before it starts to keep it all fair and even.

Thanks to everyone who nominated and voted. Looking forward to the whole thing actually starting very soon. Once it does I will create a new thread here for it. So keep your eyes peeled.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:29 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
I admit, I was a bit surprised that Jacuzzi got upvoted but Nice did not. To each their own though.

Well, I didn't want to vote too many of my own noms, so I upvoted who I preferred between the two of them.

And the battle couple made it in. Fun. This is gonna be fun. Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Just an update real quick. The tournament will start next Monday. I could have it ready by tomorrow but I'd have to work all night on it. Plus people wouldn't have a chance to prepare and look it over first. I will post the brackets next weekend so everyone can look them over before it starts next Monday. Signups for the mini-game will go until next weekend when I post the brackets. Hope everyone is ready.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:21 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to it for sure!

One question: I assume once the tournament gets going we'll be making our cases for/against different characters. One obvious way to do that is to link to video clips. What's ANN's policy on this? Obviously linking to full episodes is right out and I have no intention of doing so, but what's the policy on linking to short clips or music videos on Youtube, for example?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:16 am Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
I'm looking forward to it for sure!

One question: I assume once the tournament gets going we'll be making our cases for/against different characters. One obvious way to do that is to link to video clips. What's ANN's policy on this? Obviously linking to full episodes is right out and I have no intention of doing so, but what's the policy on linking to short clips or music videos on Youtube, for example?

Linking to short clips, videos, music videos, etc on youtube is fine. Youtube itself is a perfectly legal site. If there is unlicensed material on it my opinion is that's their problem to handle. In terms of this tournament at least. Linking to scan sights, illegal download sites, etc still is a no no. Youtube is fine though. Or any other legal service.

As far as arguments go, I was going to wait until the main tournament thread went up to touch on that. But since you brought it up now I might as well address it. Making your case for/against a pick will not be required AT FIRST. As the rounds go on I will expect some arguments and thoughts put into posts. But that won't be until after the entire first round for each bracket. Now if you want to make an argument for your pick then please by all means go for it. I know in year's past those arguments swayed people who were on the fences with certain picks. Those arguments simply won't be a requirement until later on once the field is whittled down some.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote
It's weekend in my place, so when will the bracket be up?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:47 pm Reply with quote
When they're finished. I'm working on them.

This is the 24 hour notice for the mini game. Tomorrow night at midnight EST (my time zone) they will be cutoff. So any last minute participants better say so now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10