• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Yuki Yuna Is a Hero TV Anime Unveils Returning Cast, October Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:37 am Reply with quote
The end of season 2 was pretty damn conclusive. If a new season focused on spoiler[rebuilding the outside world] that would be one thing, but it seems this one will have action. But what will they fight considering spoiler[the heavenly gods were destroyed and Shinju is dead.]
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:24 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
The end of season 2 was pretty damn conclusive. If a new season focused on spoiler[rebuilding the outside world] that would be one thing, but it seems this one will have action. But what will they fight considering spoiler[the heavenly gods were destroyed and Shinju is dead.]

I was wondering about this, too, and for the same reasons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:35 am Reply with quote
I wonder which company will license this, and will it have a chance get english dub
Triltaison

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
I wonder which company will license this, and will it have a chance get english dub

Considering we didn't get anything but the first series licensed as far as I know, it seems highly unlikely that we'll get this one too. I wouldn't hold my breath over it. Especially since Pony Canyon USA seems to have completely evaporated, but still maintains previous licenses.

Edit: I forgot Amazon had the second season streaming briefly. But since that ended and Pony Canyon never put it out on physical, I still think it's far more likely that it'll just be skipped over. Unless someone else decides to navigate that complicated sea and rescue it (and Nanoha), we'll probably be left out in the cold.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

I was wondering about this, too, and for the same reasons.

This question reminds me of a VLDL skit about Expansion Day in Azerim. The Dark Gods.

If you have Heavenly Gods, well, you got to have The Dark Gods too. They want their time in the sun too.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:05 pm Reply with quote
While I'm up for more Yuki Yuna, however, bascially as what Triltaison said, yeah, the second season (both Washio and the Yuki arcs) was exclusively streamed on Amazon. But its gone now. (Along with the first season on there too, however, CR still has the subbed first season streaming.)

And since PonyCan US has since basically stopped picking up anime licenses (in general) stateside a while back (considering them just copying Aniplex's home release model was basically a bad idea), all their social media these days are their music artists and groups lately. Oh well, them's the breaks, I guess. And yeah, it would have been nice if the second half was dubbed too.

Doubt anyone would pick up the 3rd season streaming stateside at this rate, even so the 2nd season again.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:34 am Reply with quote
LETS GO!!!! Best girl Togo is back and looking perfect in that artwork. Can't wait for October.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1