• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Newsletter Feedback

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:00 pm Reply with quote
- ANN Newsletter (You might want to add that to the Subject line)

It was probably just my fault, probably randomly clicked while scrolling and moving the mouse, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a mistake.
When I was choosing the ways I watch anime I got to the end and "illegal streaming platforms" was checked. I just wanted to make sure it's not like that for for everyone. I partake in many ways, but fear of viruses keeps me away from illegal streamers.

Also Woo-Hoo!... I may very well delete since I come here almost daily and don't miss much, but nice prize and I wish you luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
laureninspace

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:05 pm Reply with quote
By now, subscribers should have received issue #1 of ANNouncements, the new ANN newsletter. This topic is for sharing what you thought of it.

As the curator, I'm looking for suggestions for making it more useful. Like many of you probably, I've subscribed to a bunch of newsletters during the pandemic. Not only do they break up the monotony, but newsletters have been coming back in a big way; remember when they were the Next Big Thing in 2011 or so?

Post your questions and comments here!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
will this be an email or is it located here?
laureninspace

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:16 pm Reply with quote
It will be a weekly email that you receive on Sunday morning. You can sign up here: animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:56 pm Reply with quote
laureninspace wrote:
It will be a weekly email that you receive on Sunday morning. You can sign up here: animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter
Installment #1 is currently archived here: animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter/.172664 , but there are no current plans to archive the future installments on ANN.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:54 am Reply with quote
Like Spastic Minnow I'm here everyday (twice a day usually) and I check the news on each visit. I'll leave the newsletter for those with less time.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:51 am Reply with quote
I honestly can't remember what my initial post was even about anymore.

But my email is a flaming dumpster of promos and ads. You know, the 5 or so Rightstuff daily emails (which I often open, so, my fault), Kmart giving me online store cash, HBO telling me what I've been missing after subscribing for a month (for Earwig).

But I'm sure it's a good thing for some.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the current newsletter probably isn't suited towards people who are here every day and are certain they catch everything. But I hope it will be good for people who don't hit the site every single day and want to make sure they haven't missed any really big or really interesting news at the end of the week.

-t
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope this helps. Tai and Agumon apppeared in a match https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1399184877484793856
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:40 am Reply with quote
I think there’s a bug in the reminder selection because every week without fail I choose “never remind me” when asked to sign up for the newsletter. (Because I visit the site pretty much daily.) And yet every weekend I’m asked again if I want to sign up, so again I choose “never remind me.” Rinse, repeat, etc., since the newsletter’s inception.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:43 pm Reply with quote
rahzel rose wrote:
I think there’s a bug in the reminder selection because every week without fail I choose “never remind me” when asked to sign up for the newsletter. (Because I visit the site pretty much daily.) And yet every weekend I’m asked again if I want to sign up, so again I choose “never remind me.” Rinse, repeat, etc., since the newsletter’s inception.

Oh, sorry about that. It's because it's actually a completely new announcement, with the exact same message, every week.

Basically we have:

Announcement 1 - Day 1-2 "XYZXYZ"
Announcement 2 - Day 8-9 "XYZXYZ"
Announcement 3 - Day 15-16 "XYZXYZ"

So if you click "never remind me" on Announcement 1, you'll never see announcement 1 again, but you'll see Announcement 2, and then if you click "never remind me" on that one, it will stop showing it to you, but Announcement 3 will appear a week later.

I'll discuss with Dan to see if there's a way that we can make recurring announcements that are still the same announcement so that if you click "never remind me," you won't see them when they return.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

We've resolved this problem, but it required me to make 1 new post. You should be able to click “never remind me” this time and you will not see it come back next week.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

-t
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:11 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Hi,

We've resolved this problem, but it required me to make 1 new post. You should be able to click “never remind me” this time and you will not see it come back next week.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

-t

Belatedly, thank you (and Dan) for your help with this! I’ve only had to click “never remind me” twice since then. I really appreciate it.
auspicacious

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:49 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I subscribed to the ANN Newsletter a few years ago, but I never actually received a newsletter until today, when out of the blue I received ANNouncements #106.

I had assumed that the newsletter was on hiatus or something.

I'm not sure if you consciously made a change to how the newsletter is delivered, but be aware that something changed and it's unlikely I'm the only person affected.

Thank you.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:15 am Reply with quote
auspicacious wrote:
I subscribed to the ANN Newsletter a few years ago, but I never actually received a newsletter until today, when out of the blue I received ANNouncements #106.
Is it possible they were going to your spam or junk folder all this time? Domains or senders that are automatically identified as spam get missed on occasion and wind up in your normal inbox. Unfortunately, if you have already cleared out your spam, there's no way to see if you ever got those older newsletters. Try adding the email address of wherever that ANN Newsletter was sent from to your list of contacts. Then future newsletters should always arrive in your inbox.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2