• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Sentai Filmworks Announce New Home Video Releases

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:49 am Reply with quote
Well, Sentai seems to have gotten a fairly big boost with this team up. Also yay, Eizouken is getting a home release.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:58 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Well, Sentai seems to have gotten a fairly big boost with this team up. Also yay, Eizouken is getting a home release.

If the Sony buyout goes through you have to wonder how long this will last.

As for the titles themselves, though I'm not a huge fan of Sentai for the most part, I'll likely still pick some of these up.
Arxana

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:34 am Reply with quote
Is there a chance that this might eventually lead to “ A Place Further than the Universe” finally getting a physical release?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:46 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Zeino wrote:

If the Sony buyout goes through you have to wonder how long this will last.

As for the titles themselves, though I'm not a huge fan of Sentai for the most part, I'll likely still pick some of these up.

If the Sony buyout goes through, I assume that those won't be affected since Sentai might be able to release some of those in the upcoming months. And even then, I assume that the buyout won't possibly happen until at least October.

I'm thinking that this is just CR trying to speed up releases in order to make some quick buck, in case the buyout fails and that they can convince WarnerMedia to NOT shut them down.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:51 am Reply with quote
Unlike Netflix, these won't re-dubbed as there won't be any licensing problems? This is surprising given that CR is now owned by Sony, and you would think by they would be distributing through Aniplex or Funimation.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:41 am Reply with quote
Arxana wrote:
Is there a chance that this might eventually lead to “ A Place Further than the Universe” finally getting a physical release?

Here's hoping; it's certainly been long enough!

I'm in for My Next Life as a Villainess out of this batch, though.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 am Reply with quote
So does this mean we'll finally see home releases for shows from 2018? That was a great year and I'd love to own numerous series from it.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:13 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Unlike Netflix, these won't re-dubbed as there won't be any licensing problems? This is surprising given that CR is now owned by Sony, and you would think by they would be distributing through Aniplex or Funimation.

Feels like we cover this every time anything related to CR comes up, but the sale to Sony has not gone through yet. Like most big sales like this, it takes months and months to iron out the paper work and red tape, and that's before the sale was put under review by the Justice Department.
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote
Dang. So we’re getting nearly everything Yuasa on disc except for Crybaby, his most popular title. What happened?

I’m sure Eizouken is wonderful though. Will likely pick up after I’ve streamed.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:50 am Reply with quote
I really hope Sentai not miss the chance of dubbing Eizouken, sometimes Sentai decision on choosing dubbing is unpredictable.
HannoX

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:55 am Reply with quote
Ever since I watched it I've been eagerly waiting for Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken to get a home release. I'll also probably pick up Science Fell In Love. And put me down as another one hoping we'll finally get a home release of A Place Further Than the Universe.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:56 am Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
I really hope Sentai not miss the chance of dubbing Eizouken, sometimes Sentai decision on choosing dubbing is unpredictable.

Almost every show covered by CR-Sentai partnership already has English dub on it. The only exception was Granbelm (which was released subbed only) and Food Wars: Fourth Plate (which was a sequel).
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:05 am Reply with quote
Excited for Rent-A-Girlfriend from that list of titles.

Too many other Crunchyroll titles I'd love to buy a physical release for that still haven't seen one, like Yuuna & The Haunted Hot Springs, To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts, and going even further back, Venus To Mamoru. Hopefully someday...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:09 am Reply with quote
Akcoll99 wrote:

Too many other Crunchyroll titles I'd love to buy a physical release for that still haven't seen one, like Yuuna & The Haunted Hot Springs

that one is Aniplex, and that's just one more show they don't seem interested in releasing here
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:43 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:

Almost every show covered by CR-Sentai partnership already has English dub on it. The only exception was Granbelm (which was released subbed only) and Food Wars: Fourth Plate (which was a sequel).

Isn't Food Wars Fourth Plate is already getting a dub ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2