• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Hathaway Anime Film Rescheduled for June 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkaRed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:03 am Reply with quote
I hope there will be no more delay because I want to see this movie badly Crying or Very sad
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:15 am Reply with quote
As much as I want to see this movie, I'm skeptical because of the extended state of emergency. Let's hope for the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:59 pm Reply with quote
English fans complaining about this movie is utterly hilarious. There is no English release slated for the movie and never has been (they're usually announced in tandem or there's an implication that it will be). That's never happened for this movie, even before the pandemic hit. I don't know why people think this will be readily available for them to "buy" when (or if I should say) it'll just be an import of the Japanese release. Heck, there's no dub on the copy coming out in Japan so that should be a big indicator.
GainaxFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I finally understand how crack addicts going through withdrawal feel.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
English fans complaining about this movie is utterly hilarious. There is no English release slated for the movie and never has been (they're usually announced in tandem or there's an implication that it will be). That's never happened for this movie, even before the pandemic hit. I don't know why people think this will be readily available for them to "buy" when (or if I should say) it'll just be an import of the Japanese release. Heck, there's no dub on the copy coming out in Japan so that should be a big indicator.
I've read the Japanese Blu-ray will be available at the movie theaters when it does eventually release, so it's only a matter of time before it'll be online. I'm not afraid to admit that my first viewing of this movie will most likely not be legal. Unless my country decides to bring it over here as they've been doing more and more with animes movies, but I feel Gundam isn't that big in the Netherlands so the chance of that happening is probably slim.
However, if I like the movie, I will certainly buy it when it does release outside of Japan. I didn't like Gundam Narrative and I'm glad I didn't buy it in order to view it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1