• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is the Alice in Borderland Death Game Anime Any Good?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiawase_Rina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:32 am Reply with quote
Yeesh, it kinda hurts seeing one of your favorite manga made fun of like this because the OVA is crappy.
The manga is really great tho. I like that there are different categories for the games. Intelligence, Physical, Teamwork, and Psychological.
This is also why they needed to cooperate in one game but had to play against each other in another. It also depends on the game master.
The wolf game is still kinda curious since it's actually unusual for psychological games in the series. The psychological games always have a way for everyone to survive, but this one doesn't explain how.

I like the protagonist in the manga too. His character development makes sense and is very meaningful. The live-action made some weird changes to him tho. I have the feeling that they are playing him up as THE hero. Which he isn't supposed to be. I really hope they stop shoving him in games where he doesn't belong. The other characters need time to shine, too! They don't need to be saved by him!
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Shiawase_Rina wrote:
Yeesh, it kinda hurts seeing one of your favorite manga made fun of like this because the OVA is crappy.

You now know the pain of 7 Seeds fans.
Shiawase_Rina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:26 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:

You now know the pain of 7 Seeds fans.

With a heavy heart, I have to inform you that I am also a 7 Seeds fan... And yeah that was much more horrible than just some OVA's. I will never forgive the person who had the horrible idea to rush through the material instead of animating it properly...
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1