• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Ghost Game TV Anime Reveals Cast, Staff, October 3 Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:02 am Reply with quote
Miyuki and Ishida are in this. Thats a cool casting. Ishida once again voicing a white/grey/silver haired character. lol
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:15 am Reply with quote
This poster is definitely alot more lively, got a kick out of what I assumed would be the rival guy turning out to be the guy scared of spooky things. Hopefully this season will be more engaging than what we got from Adventure:
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:29 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
This poster is definitely alot more lively, got a kick out of what I assumed would be the rival guy turning out to be the guy scared of spooky things. Hopefully this season will be more engaging than what we got from Adventure:

Adventure? More like Taichi Adventure (based on comments online).
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:24 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Adventure? More like Taichi Adventure (based on comments online).

Accurate, especially with the most recent episodes.

It's like a bunch of mini timeskips happen every week because he HAS to be there in episodes centered around the other characters. Rolling Eyes
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:45 am Reply with quote
Adventure: has been probably my least favorite season of Digimon to date so I feel like it can only really go up from here especially with Ghost Game being an original story and characters and I'm just glad for a break from Adventure content at this point. The character designs look great and I'm excited for the upcoming promo. People have pointed out this director has worked on the weakest episodes of DB Super but he also did some solid episodes as assistant director on Digimon Tamers.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:13 am Reply with quote
So is this yet another season of Digimon not coming to the states
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:49 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Sounds like it.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:55 am Reply with quote
This looks really interesting though.
Matros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:24 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Adventure: has been probably my least favorite season of Digimon to date so I feel like it can only really go up from here especially with Ghost Game being an original story and characters and I'm just glad for a break from Adventure content at this point. The character designs look great and I'm excited for the upcoming promo. People have pointed out this director has worked on the weakest episodes of DB Super but he also did some solid episodes as assistant director on Digimon Tamers.

Those people associating Chioka with Super's weakest part couldn't be more ignorant and disrespectful towards him. He is easily one of Toei's strongest directors, Super being a mess wasn't his fault in the first place. Everyone did the best with the limited time they had.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:20 am Reply with quote
It's nice to see a new original Digimon entry, if nothing else. I like the vibe and designs.

The A-tier voices for the Digimon is kind of hilarious, especially Miyuki Sawashiro as the main one.
NiceBakuretsu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:31 am Reply with quote
Digimon designs for animaton's name is Takeru Shinozuka, not ''Cho Shinozuka''
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:01 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Why would it not come to the US? Crunchyroll simulcast Adventure: and they’ve been simulcasting plenty of other Toei IPs without issue. And all the Digimon series have been released in some form in the US. Appmon only had a long delay because Toei wanted a TV and toy deal they were never able to secure but it was eventually released here. And Young Hunters didn’t get a dub but it did have a sub release on Crunchyroll, Virtually every season of Digimon has been released in some form in the US.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Why would it not come to the US? Crunchyroll simulcast Adventure: and they’ve been simulcasting plenty of other Toei IPs without issue. And all the Digimon series have been released in some form in the US. Appmon only had a long delay because Toei wanted a TV and toy deal they were never able to secure but it was eventually released here. And Young Hunters didn’t get a dub but it did have a sub release on Crunchyroll, Virtually every season of Digimon has been released in some form in the US.
Pretty sure they meant an English Dub. Fusion's final season which u mentioned never got a dub. I recon that's due tospoiler[ bringing chars back from past series] thus couldn't work things out money/contract/whatever wise as well as possibly due to how Fusion S1-2 did in the US (I do not know how good or bad it did, just saying it is something companies look at, even if it does well might not have done well enough for said company).

Appmon is NOT Digimon, period. Its its own dimension and may connect to the Digimon dimension but tis still not Digimon. I forget if I saw it dubbed or subbed but I feel it never got a dub so sub (And i dropped it around 7 eps in as they try to make stuff that only toddlers would find cool be cool when tis not and is annoyin story wasn't that great anyway compared to past Digimon animes which I've seen every single one and season minus Adventure reboot as waitin on dub...)

Adventure reboot hasn't been dubbed yet, and now we got another Digimon (Ghost game) so yeah, its understandable why they'd say and think that we won't get Ghost Game. I'd also like to point out despite the return of the Digimon games to the US, we also haven't gotten past Digimon games such as De:code... but on a more pos note, Toei is slow to release dubs for pops anime. Look at DBS's English dub as a prime example... even still, for me at least, I can hope but a not expecting em to treat us right ad dub the anime and if so, I'll watch adventure and ghost game subbed years from now if no dub... a shame they cant dub faster or refuse too... :(
denzelcrocker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:06 pm Reply with quote
People are worried about the Super director? They literally have the worst Digimon director of all time back again. Here's hoping he doesn't make it the "Hiro" show as he made the Adventure reboot the "Taichi" show.
Matros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:18 pm Reply with quote
denzelcrocker wrote:
People are worried about the Super director? They literally have the worst Digimon director of all time back again. Here's hoping he doesn't make it the "Hiro" show as he made the Adventure reboot the "Taichi" show.

I see you know a lot about Mitsuka and what the role of a series director entails. If you desperately want to latch onto someone let it be Tomioka the series composer, you know, literally the person who's responsible for the things you complain about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2