• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream The Ancient Magus' Bride OAD, Digimon Ghost Game, World Trigger Season 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god YES for the AMB ova. I've already had a chance to watch the episode raw but I'm glad Crunchyroll has picked it up so I can actually understand it this time. Episode 1 was really building up to something great and I can't wait for March and next September (or whenever Crunchyroll streams the next episodes).

I've waited 6 months for episode 1, I can wait another 3
ab2143

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising that they obtained the OAD seeing as they’re on the production committee for AMB. It’s nice to have confirmation
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Getting the blu-ray version of the manga in Japan is HARD. If you don't pre-order thres no chance.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad the AMB OAD will be legally streamed. Kind of wonder when Funimation might get around to dubbing it.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Probably not till next year when all 3 episodes are out.

They are being released with the manga as special editions.

Would like to think this time next year we have news of season 2

The first OVA was released with manga prior to the main series and there has been announcements this is only the first part of a new anime project so I think fall 22 there is high chance of AMB season2
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:13 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:

The first OVA was released with manga prior to the main series and there has been announcements this is only the first part of a new anime project so I think fall 22 there is high chance of AMB season2

Yay 2022!

I can't wait to see more of this animated, I hope they keep up the quality.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:15 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I'm glad the AMB OAD will be legally streamed. Kind of wonder when Funimation might get around to dubbing it.

Funimation never dubbed the first OADs even though they came out long before season 1, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. They were included in Funimation's blurays sub-only though (and are streaming dubbed in many other non-English languages on Crunchyroll right now), so it might have been some weird CR/Funi negotiation breakdown or something. These and the Dragon Maid S1 OVA being undubbed are some of the unanswered mysteries of the first CR/Funi partnership.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Moonsaber wrote:
gumbaloom wrote:

Yay 2022!

I can't wait to see more of this animated, I hope they keep up the quality.

Theres no gaurantee of this mind - I would LIKE to think it comes out fall 2022 but it might slip to 2023. If memory serves me correctly the 3rd part of the first OVA's DVD had an announcement trailer for the main series.

HOWEVER the curious thing is in Japan when the college arc Manga was launched there was an anime trailer tht showed scenes from college - it makes me wonder if this was initial workings for a season 2 or not...so it makes me wonder if it's being produced at the same time as the OAD...who know...
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:45 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
HOWEVER the curious thing is in Japan when the college arc Manga was launched there was an anime trailer tht showed scenes from college - it makes me wonder if this was initial workings for a season 2 or not...so it makes me wonder if it's being produced at the same time as the OAD...who know...

That trailer was released (exactly) 2 years before the OADs were announced and it was done by Wit since Studio Kafka didn't exist yet, so I'm not sure if they could have been in production back then.

According to their website Studio Kafka was established in October of 2020, but production could have begun before without animation I suppose? Not 100% sure how anime production works.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:13 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
gumbaloom wrote:

That trailer was released (exactly) 2 years before the OADs were announced and it was done by Wit since Studio Kafka didn't exist yet, so I'm not sure if they could have been in production back then.

According to their website Studio Kafka was established in October of 2020, but production could have begun before without animation I suppose? Not 100% sure how anime production works.

OK I stand correct but even so I'm putting money on there being a Season 2 announcement trailer when volume 18 of the manga (Part 3 of the OAD) gets released next September.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:26 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:
gumbaloom wrote:

OK I stand correct but even so I'm putting money on there being a Season 2 announcement trailer when volume 18 of the manga (Part 3 of the OAD) gets released next September.

I'm hoping for that too, the first season was announced after the second episode of Those Awaiting a Star came out so hopefully a similar pattern happens here.
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:38 am Reply with quote
Is World Trigger Season 2's English dub just never coming out at this point? If it is are we REALLY getting it before or after season 3 comes out subbed. THEY ANNOUNCED THE PRODUCTION OF THE DUB WITH A CLIP AND EVERYTHING BACK IN JANUARY WHAT THE EVER LOVING fudge??????????????????
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:48 am Reply with quote
Ultimate N wrote:
Is World Trigger Season 2's English dub just never coming out at this point? If it is are we REALLY getting it before or after season 3 comes out subbed. THEY ANNOUNCED THE PRODUCTION OF THE DUB WITH A CLIP AND EVERYTHING BACK IN JANUARY WHAT THE EVER LOVING fudge??????????????????

How is World Trigger related to AMB OAD and AMB Season 2 ? Shocked
Asturaetus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:07 am Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:

I'd say that depends if they close the current arc with that volume. While it's true that there is enough content now for another season at least if you look at how many volumes the first season adapted - the story of the college arc is a lot more intertwined into one narrative than the stories of the first season were so that it would only really make sense to adapt it once it's finished or at least reached a natural stopping point/climax.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:20 am Reply with quote
Asturaetus wrote:
gumbaloom wrote:

I'd say that depends if they close the current arc with that volume. While it's true that there is enough content now for another season at least if you look at how many volumes the first season adapted - the story of the college arc is a lot more intertwined into one narrative than the stories of the first season were so that it would only really make sense to adapt it once it's finished or at least reached a natural stopping point/climax.

Just scan read the last few pages of volume 16 and it looks like it's heating up.

If you remember the release of I think voume 10 coincided with the final episode of AMB Season 1 - the back end of the volume concluded where Season 1 ended and the start of the college arc.

Release schedule appears to be 2 volumes per year so there is potential if they repeat what they did last time for there to be another 3/4 columes of material available.
17 - March 2022
18 - Sep 2022 - Announce with air date of Jan / Apr 23
19 - March 23 - Coinciding with either the finish of or start of a potential new season 2 ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2