• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Mary Skelter Finale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b-dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am Reply with quote
Hmm. Seems about how I figured. Played the first a few years back, and liked it but didn't love it. Will catch this one when it goes on sale.
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I finally finished Mary Skelter 2 this year, quite enjoyed it's aesthetic, and was ready to move onto the first game when I found out Finale got refused classification in Australia so I can't legally buy it here :') Killed my interest in playing 1 when I'd not be able to finish the series.......

Quote:
Two maidens with the same job play exactly the same way, and there already wasn't much variety in the combat to begin with.

Yeah, I found that too. I wished there were more jobs or more varied skills they could learn. In 2 I ended up not using so much of my team because I had better versions of them (I also never used the magic based classes beyond healer because they just didn't seem as useful as an attacker). So the Zap function sounds interesting in that it'd force me to actually train my entire crew, not just the 5 I use in my party.

Based on this review I'm not gonna be rushing out to try and contraband my way into getting the game so I suppose that's good.
Maybe I'll just play 1 and pretend Finale doesn't exist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1