• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: English Voice Actress Cristina Valenzuela Announces Her Engagement

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Congrats as always to the happy couple!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I remember when she was just an amateur posting fandubs on voice acting forums. She's come a long way!

Congrats on the engagement!
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations!
TheAnonymousUsual

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Actually, probably best known in the US for her terrific performance in the lead female role Ladybug/Marinette (opposite Bryce Papenbrook's Cat Noir/Adrien) in the English dub of the French animation "Miraculous", which is in its fourth season (shows on Disney and Netflix, I think).
ShellySunfish16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:28 pm Reply with quote
TheAnonymousUsual wrote:
Actually, probably best known in the US for her terrific performance in the lead female role Ladybug/Marinette (opposite Bryce Papenbrook's Cat Noir/Adrien) in the English dub of the French animation "Miraculous", which is in its fourth season (shows on Disney and Netflix, I think).

As a Ladybug fan, this is where I most know her from. Even though I only seen a little of the English dub, and mainly watch the original French cast. Here in America, The first three seasons and the Christmas special are on Netflix. The New York special, the Shanghai special, (which take place after season 3) and currently airing season 4 are on Disney +. It's likely that future seasons, specials, and the upcoming Awakening movie, will eventually made it to Disney+ later.

Last edited by ShellySunfish16 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to Cristina!
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 am Reply with quote
TheAnonymousUsual wrote:

Or as the english voice of Riven in the infintely more popular and lambasted game League of Legends. But hey however you know her is largely irrelevant to her continued success in love and life.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:24 am Reply with quote
I first became aware of Cristina Vee through her performance as Homura in the Madoka dub and then as Sailor Mars in the Viz Sailor Moon dub. I've always enjoyed her voice acting and she's also a very impressive singer if you've heard any of her covers. She also sang a dub of Eien no Melody in an episode of Sailor Moon that was very good. My congregations go to her and her fiancée!
GlennL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering if Cristina is still engaged or is now married.
Also, I loved her in the Jeremy Zag movie version of the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1