• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Troyca, DMM Pictures' Shinobi no Ittoki Anime Unveils Ninja Battle Story, Cast, Staff, October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:53 am Reply with quote
It seems that we are truly entering the rennaisance of samurai, ninja, feudal Japan, cool classic Japan era.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:25 am Reply with quote
Kind of interesting that the initial key visual had the Main Heroine instead of the male lead. Maybe we'll get some romance?

Is Ryota Ohsaka having a career resurgence? It feels like it. Not that I mind.

Looks like it could be a fun modern-day ninja story.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:14 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Kind of interesting that the initial key visual had the Main Heroine instead of the male lead. Maybe we'll get some romance?

Is Ryota Ohsaka having a career resurgence? It feels like it. Not that I mind.

Looks like it could be a fun modern-day ninja story.

What happened to him?
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't too happy with the key visual but the PV looked surprisingly good. Definitely going to give this a try...
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Looks interesting. Funny enough, Ryouta did voice in Aldnoah.Zero so that's another connection. Good cast.

Ryuji-Dono wrote:
What happened to him?

Absolutely nothing. He hasn't had a decrease in roles recently so I don't know why that user said that. His weakest year is still his debut year, which is 2011, and it hasn't declined in the recent years.
Vladimir Morales

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:28 pm Reply with quote
It looks nice and it's always great to see Ryota Ohsaka get new roles and he's working with Haruka Shiraishi again. It's a We Never Learn reunion! Awesome!

Troyca worries me, though. Idolish7 is great, but Re:Creators was cool but it fucked up the ending and I couldn't even bring myself to watch Aldnoah.Zero because of relentlessly dark and gritty it was.

Hopefully, Troyca will deliver a great anime, free from the mistakes of the past.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Absolutely nothing. He hasn't had a decrease in roles recently so I don't know why that user said that. His weakest year is still his debut year, which is 2011, and it hasn't declined in the recent years.

It felt like he'd been appearing less or getting less main roles in the past few years but that may just be me hearing Matsuoka, Ishikawa, and Hanae everywhere.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:26 am Reply with quote
Vladimir Morales wrote:
It looks nice and it's always great to see Ryota Ohsaka get new roles and he's working with Haruka Shiraishi again. It's a We Never Learn reunion! Awesome!

Troyca worries me, though. Idolish7 is great, but Re:Creators was cool but it fucked up the ending and I couldn't even bring myself to watch Aldnoah.Zero because of relentlessly dark and gritty it was.

Hopefully, Troyca will deliver a great anime, free from the mistakes of the past.

Speaking of We Never Learn. I love it to death but I wouldn't mind seeing a proper and more fulfilling ending to it in animated form, lol
Vladimir Morales

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:34 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Vladimir Morales wrote:

Speaking of We Never Learn. I love it to death but I wouldn't mind seeing a proper and more fulfilling ending to it in animated form, lol

Everybody wants that.
Oby

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote
From the same people who brought us Aldnoah.Zero? Ugh!

I'll avoid this like the plague unless I hear great word of mouths when it airs.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Oby wrote:
From the same people who brought us Aldnoah.Zero?

Not really, no. Watanabe worked as an episode director of AZ but this is his first credit as a lead Director on a series. And nobody else credited here has anything to do with that show.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Huh, what has Troyca even been up to in the last couple years? Feels like I haven't really heard from them since before the panini
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:31 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Huh, what has Troyca even been up to in the last couple years? Feels like I haven't really heard from them since before the panini

Mainly seasons of Idolish7. Season 2 started airing Spring 2020 but was pushed back to Fall. Season 3 began airing Summer 2021 and has another part on the way this year.

They also did an El-Melloi special episode last new years
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1