• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Adds Orguss, Dubs for Made in Abyss Season 2, Call of the Night, More

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Kinda surprised they negotiated for Orguss when they pulled Ideon, Xabungle, and other older mech shows. Maybe they'll bring them back? I would love to be able to finish the ones I was working on since the Bluray releases are going for 100s of dollars now.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:58 pm Reply with quote
A small correction: Ya Boy Kongming! aired in Spring.

MiA season 2 and Danmachi IV were a given, but I am happy that Call of the Night and Ya Boy Kongming! are getting dubs.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:
Kinda surprised they negotiated for Orguss when they pulled Ideon, Xabungle, and other older mech shows. Maybe they'll bring them back? I would love to be able to finish the ones I was working on since the Bluray releases are going for 100s of dollars now.

I'm reading/hearing that the series that are unexpectedly pulled from HiDive are still currently being investigated.

https://twitter.com/HIDIVEofficial/status/1547710057436962816

Sadly, they didn't follow an update to see if they have been brought back (or in the worse possible case, pulled). But yeah, here's hoping they still try to get most of the series that were unexpectedly pulled from HiDive back into the service sooner rather than later.

Either way, very happy that Kongming is getting dubbed, surprising also that Umaru-Chan R is finally getting one after so long. Here's hoping for a home video release on that one down the line, since it has been stuck on streaming for a good while. MIA and Danmachi getting theirs for their latest season was gonna be obvious that they'll get theirs.

The only sad part myself is nothing for TMM "New" if it would get one, maybe later, I suppose. >.>

Last edited by NeoStrayCat on Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Very happy to see all these dubs, especially Umaru-chan R.

I'll hold out hope that they'll get around to Prima Doll and Mew Mew later on.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:

Orguss was through TMS so it's basically the same deal as the old Lupin stuff they got recently for streaming.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I still remember the days when an anime would come out in Japan and it would take two to three years for the Dub to be confirmed. Good times. Good times.
coates32
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:29 pm Reply with quote
While the wait for the dubs of DanMachi season 4, Vermeil in Gold, and Call of the Night will be a bit painful, it awesome that these shows are soon going to be getting dubs. It's also nice that Made in Abyss season 2 and My Isekai Life are also getting dubs.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised but happy to see Orguss getting a dub. Call of the Night has been one of my fav shows this season so I'm glad it will be dubbed. HiDive just now tweeted this poll asking if you want Tokyo Mew Mew New to be dubbed, so I assume a dub is happening but it's too early to announce it. https://twitter.com/HIDIVEofficial/status/1553529573144686592?s=20&t=0INrFyv_W2jV9Lb-bl5ZYA
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm surprised but happy to see Orguss getting a dub. Call of the Night has been one of my fav shows this season so I'm glad it will be dubbed. HiDive just now tweeted this poll asking if you want Tokyo Mew Mew New to be dubbed, so I assume a dub is happening but it's too early to announce it. https://twitter.com/HIDIVEofficial/status/1553529573144686592?s=20&t=0INrFyv_W2jV9Lb-bl5ZYA

I highly doubt Orguss is getting a brand new dub. If anything, the old U.S. Renditions dub for the first 17 episodes will be available to stream, similar to how Lupin the 3rd Part II on Hidive includes not just Geneon's old unfinished dub but also those two late episodes dubbed by Streamline.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
HiDive just now tweeted this poll asking if you want Tokyo Mew Mew New to be dubbed, so I assume a dub is happening but it's too early to announce it. https://twitter.com/HIDIVEofficial/status/1553529573144686592?s=20&t=0INrFyv_W2jV9Lb-bl5ZYA

I already did my part to vote, lol. And now seemingly that they want intrest in it, Otakon would have been the perfect time to annouce it, but no, just the other stuff, that at least a show or 2, I'll be intrested in, will have their dubs ready down the line.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:54 pm Reply with quote
These dub announcements are often under strict NDAs and they have to get the authority to announce a title. As I said in my post, they probably already intended to dub Tokyo Mew Mew but they’re probably still under NDA to formally announce it. This poll is likely just marketing hype for the big announcement and to drive social media engagement.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:58 pm Reply with quote
That's cool to see them getting Orguss and dubbing their bigger shows (and probably Mew Mew New).

The only shoe I'm watching on HIDIVE now that they haven't announced is When Will Ayumu Make his Move? So I hope they get to that eventually.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Out of all the dubs that have been announced including Tokyo Mew Mew New, looks like the chance of The Phantom of Idol, Shine Post, Prima Doll, When Will Ayumu makes his move ? and Luminous Witches getting a dub will be low to zero.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
These dub announcements are often under strict NDAs and they have to get the authority to announce a title. As I said in my post, they probably already intended to dub Tokyo Mew Mew but they’re probably still under NDA to formally announce it. This poll is likely just marketing hype for the big announcement and to drive social media engagement.

Yeah, NDA's are serious business, and sure enough, its probably not greenlit yet. But so far the majority is saying "yes". Here's hoping Sentai/HiDive does look into it later down the line.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Or just its just simply more Hidive shenanigans. they do that, a lot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2