• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Anime Reveals New Trailer, Japanese Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Is it mean to ask what the fudge the point of this is after these scummy developers scammed and lied to everyone with the game? If it’s too salvage PR, it’s way too late. Who is this advertising for even?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:34 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
Is it mean to ask what the fudge the point of this is after these scummy developers scammed and lied to everyone with the game? If it’s too salvage PR, it’s way too late. Who is this advertising for even?
Money is already spent, so who cares at this point? At least we can get some cool stuff from the series instead.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:47 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty top tier cast. I mean, KENN and Aoi Yuki!?

That scene at the end between the leads gave me Call of the Night vibes.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:07 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

Before it was a notoriously buggy video game, it was a tabletop game. You could technically say it was inspired by the latter and avoid the connection to the former, sort of like how the Witcher show takes visual cues from the games but is otherwise entirely based on the novels.
omoikane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:23 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

It's penance from CDPR, does that make you happier? If it means Trigger can take dad's 90s fantasy and make it their own with Netflix bucks, maybe it's not a bad thing.

Really could not care any more about that salt in the year 2022. Go touch some grass if helps, life is short.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:24 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

I mean, it's a cyberpunk sci-fi anime by Trigger. Isn't that enough?
RockSplash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:36 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

For the record, the company has remained extremely consistent with pushing updates to fix the game. Ignoring last gen, the game is seen as vastly Improved overall. A lot of people see the game in a more positive light, and more updates are still fixing and improving the game. Look at the steam page and how positive the game is now compared to release.
RavenWolf1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:36 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

They are going to release expansion sometime early at next year. I can wager that they are going to start advertisement campaign about same time this anime is released. That makes sense to maximize hype. In internet there are lots of rumors and leaks about expansion. You can even find full story and all quests if you want because leaks. Rumors say that when expansion is released main game also get lots of new content like new gigs and system overhauls etc.

Overall I can think that if they make good expansion they can salvage this just like No Man's Sky did. Main game is already fixed pretty good and it is a great game but sometimes the game still feels empty. Life like feel what GTAs' has seems to be still missing. There is good change that they can improve that when expansion comes.

Expansion is probably going to advertised as soft reboot 2.0 of game or something. To get people who didn't buy the game because bad reputation to buy it and get all who did buy it to buy expansion.
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:11 am Reply with quote
Yeow. Okay. If anyone's photosensitive, has bad eyes, problems with flickering images, or anything else related to all that, please don't watch that trailer. I really think I need some Advil now.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Have to say, I previously couldn't have cared less about this despite Trigger, because...well, you know, but that trailer is a damn good hook.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1