• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Remake Our Life! Anime's English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, they're really committing to dubbing their backlog of shows, including a bunch of romance shows. At this rate you just can't predict what will be next!

And this is a pretty great cast. All three female leads are well-cast (I mean Lindsay, Macy, and Marisa? You can't beat that) and it's nice to see Jerry Jewell in a lead role even if I think Kyoya is utter trash.
boldulysses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:04 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
At this rate you just can't predict what will be next!

Hopefully Bunny Girl Senpai.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:15 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Wow, they're really committing to dubbing their backlog of shows, including a bunch of romance shows. At this rate you just can't predict what will be next!

And this is a pretty great cast. All three female leads are well-cast (I mean Lindsay, Macy, and Marisa? You can't beat that) and it's nice to see Jerry Jewell in a lead role even if I think Kyoya is utter trash.

To be fair that's always been how Funimation operated. Everything they licensed would get dubbed eventually but Covid kind of screwed that system up so its taken awhile for alot of titles.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:15 pm Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

I wonder if they can touch Aniplex's backlog.
Farafra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:46 pm Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

I was coming here to say that I'm still holding out hope for a Taisho Otome Fairytale dub, but they just uploaded the whole thing and just didn't tell anyone apparently.
anime-prime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Farafra wrote:
boldulysses wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

I was coming here to say that I'm still holding out hope for a Taisho Otome Fairytale dub, but they just uploaded the whole thing and just didn't tell anyone apparently.
It was released on Funimation a month ago.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:37 pm Reply with quote
^^^^
They completely stopped announcing what shows they're moving. I just randomly saw mention that they've moved Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar over (Looks like a small drop of a few shows). The only of the Funi Tenchi shows to move so far.

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:07 pm Reply with quote
All these dub announcements are making me dizzy with excitement!
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:51 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

Don't know if CR has already announced an English dub yet, but a couple of hours ago they released a Neutral Spanish dub for Dropkick on My Devil!
There have been some rather surprising announcements lately in terms of Latin American dubs made by CR, they even began dubbing shows outside Mexico City. The only thing missing is for CR to start dubbing older shows, last year Funimation made some dubs for shows that never got dubbed into Spanish like Soul Eater and Black Butler among others, but since the merger with CR they have stopped that practice (CR didn't dub old shows before). There have been some rumors that Funi was trying to dub shows like Code Geass and Haruhi Suzumiya into Neutral Spanish but they had to postpone those plans because of the merger with CR
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1