• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Archive Smartphone RPG Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catone2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:45 am Reply with quote
It's time for culture, don't hold back now!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:06 am Reply with quote
Well, there is one thing that can be said about it...

LET'S GO!
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:09 am Reply with quote
It arrived sooner than I thought, better so, the popularity should still be high when it will be airing.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The game is free to play with optional randomized in-app purchases.

That's a VERY strange way to say gambling via gacha/loot box mechanics. Almost as if you're trying to downplay the fact that it's gambling. Super hyped for the anime but we should always highlight the fact that gacha is gambling.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The game is free to play with optional gacha(lootbox) purchases.

Fixed.
immortal1982

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I will say, I've been playing the game since the us launch and haven't spent a dime on it. Do i get new characters all the time? no, but its probably the most most forgiving one considering nearly every ingame event gives you at least 1 new character for participating.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Good news for fans, bad news if you want doujin from any other series unless it's evergreen or near evergreen (Idolmaster, Kancolle, Touhou, and Genshin). Hopefully the anime turns out great though.
catone2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Good news for fans, bad news if you want doujin from any other series unless it's evergreen or near evergreen (Idolmaster, Kancolle, Touhou, and Genshin). Hopefully the anime turns out great though.

I know what you're saying, but I need those Yuuka and Noa doujins to come in waves.
PipimiOden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

I mean it was already heading towards this point with blue archive replacing touhou in the introduction booklet like how kancolle did in 2013, so at least expect blue archive to be as (or more) prominent at comiket for a while and become an evergreen haha.

side note: I know there was some di gi charat doujin at the last comiket and the japan post sold some stamps for the series (plus some stuff for my dress up darling) so you can be sure that the only goods there won't just be the evergreen stuff + blue archive. Also there was a doujin of Galaxy Angel that was a parody of Akiba Maid War so that's cool

And if you are a fan of blue archive, i wish you the best of luck not spending all your money on the doujins lol
Feng Lengshun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:18 pm Reply with quote
A good day for the lolicon community lol

But seriously, I heard that they botched the English release, but the game is still pretty popular driven by so many fanarts on Pixiv and Twitter. I mean, cultured fanart is cultured fanart I'm not going to complain, but I'm sure that the game devs knows which type of characters people like in this game.
catone2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:04 am Reply with quote
Feng Lengshun wrote:
A good day for the lolicon community lol

But seriously, I heard that they botched the English release, but the game is still pretty popular driven by so many fanarts on Pixiv and Twitter. I mean, cultured fanart is cultured fanart I'm not going to complain, but I'm sure that the game devs knows which type of characters people like in this game.

They actually went ahead and brought out a solution for that. They raised the age rating of the current app, restored Aris scene to its original version and will create a censored version of the app (for whoever wants it). Otherwise, the game knows exactly who its audience is and doesn't hold back with a great story and bond stories.

Letter from the Producer:
https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/101333
Sabruness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:20 am Reply with quote
catone2 wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

I know what you're saying, but I need those Yuuka and Noa doujins to come in waves.

Ah, i see you are a cultured sensei as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1