• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Devil Is a Part-Timer!! Anime's Sequel Series Video Reveals New Cast Member, July Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The video titles the sequel series as a "2nd season," but this is only in reference to the The Devil Is a Part-Timer!! (with two exclamation points) series (as opposed to the first The Devil is a Part-Timer! anime series, which only has one exclamation point).

Way to make the title so pointlessly confusing.
NieR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:23 am Reply with quote
Haven't watched the second season of this yet, but the original series from White Fox was one of my favorite anime series of the mid-2010s. I especially liked the character Ashiya/Alciel. Glad the original voice actors are back. May have to get back into this series in time for the summer release.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:39 am Reply with quote
Interested to see what the production team chooses to adapt here.

So far, novels 1-5 and parts of 7 (a short story collection) have been adapted. The rest of novel 7 could be skipped without complication, but 6 can't easily be skipped and 8-10 are a single story arc. Since none of these novels (especially 8-10) are long on page count, will they try to cover four novels at a 3-ep-per-novel pace? Would be a bit rushed, but based on how they did the last installment, it seems like a reasonable possibility.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eddy2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:30 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Quote:
The video titles the sequel series as a "2nd season," but this is only in reference to the The Devil Is a Part-Timer!! (with two exclamation points) series (as opposed to the first The Devil is a Part-Timer! anime series, which only has one exclamation point).

Way to make the title so pointlessly confusing.

Fr fr, why couldn't they have just given it a third explanation point? Do they hate the idea of keeping titles more simple or something?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:12 am Reply with quote
Well, the animation looks in-line with the last part...which isn't saying much, but hopefully the more meatier story material will carry the season this time.
Key wrote:

So far, novels 1-5 and parts of 7 (a short story collection) have been adapted. The rest of novel 7 could be skipped without complication, but 6 can't easily be skipped and 8-10 are a single story arc. Since none of these novels (especially 8-10) are long on page count, will they try to cover four novels at a 3-ep-per-novel pace? Would be a bit rushed, but based on how they did the last installment, it seems like a reasonable possibility.

Considering the previous key visual I think they're for sure adapting 8-10.
Nionel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:21 am Reply with quote
With the cliffhanger ending for Part 2, I'm glad there wasn't another nine year gap in-between adaptions again.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:27 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Yeah, the 2nd series adapted four books (3, 4, 5, and 5.5), so I could see this one doing something similar with another four. (6, 8, 9, 10)
boldulysses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:14 pm Reply with quote
NieR wrote:
Haven't watched the second season of this yet, but the original series from White Fox was one of my favorite anime series of the mid-2010s. I especially liked the character Ashiya/Alciel. Glad the original voice actors are back. May have to get back into this series in time for the summer release.

Prepare to be disappointed. S1 is one of my all-time faves. I haven't even finished S2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1