• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream In Another World with My Smartphone 2, Kizuna no Allele, OPUS.COLORs Ani

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I don't think anyone is surprised about Smartphone season 2, heck it sold surprisingly well for Funimation which is probably partially why we got this second season in the first place.

Still waiting on Loving Yamada at Lv999!
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:15 pm Reply with quote
i usually tend to love isekai even some of the less original ones but i never really understood the appeal for this one. It just seems so bland.

For anyone who read both the novel and watched the anime, is the book different from s1? like better? cause i hear a lot of praise for the books but not so much for the series altough some still liked it.
Glordit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:20 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I don't think anyone is surprised about Smartphone season 2, heck it sold surprisingly well for Funimation which is probably partially why we got this second season in the first place.

Still waiting on Loving Yamada at Lv999!

I'm about 80% sure CR Is going to stream Yamada-kun. They have announced shows a day before or even the day of it airing many times before.
GNPixie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Crunchyroll removes Cardfight!! Vanguard will+Dress Season 2 from continuing simulcast list

Makes sense since Overdress has been running 12 episodes a shot vs what the original show, G and V did. So 12'll probably be it until Summer/Fall.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
i usually tend to love isekai even some of the less original ones but i never really understood the appeal for this one. It just seems so bland.

For anyone who read both the novel and watched the anime, is the book different from s1? like better? cause i hear a lot of praise for the books but not so much for the series altough some still liked it.

It's just a straightforward, fun, Harem Isekai show. It knows what it wants to be and the cast are cute/likeable enough.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Yesshh!! Isekai Smartphone S2 will have all 9 wives eventually, can't wait to see what the newcomers are like... Smile
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Yuri Is My Job and G Witch S2 is removed from the english dub list, seriously how did CR choose which anime get an english dub or not ( get dubbed either in Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Russia or Hindi )

Last edited by Farhanawesome on Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:47 pm Reply with quote
GNPixie wrote:
Quote:
Crunchyroll removes Cardfight!! Vanguard will+Dress Season 2 from continuing simulcast list

Makes sense since Overdress has been running 12 episodes a shot vs what the original show, G and V did. So 12'll probably be it until Summer/Fall.

Yeah, going off the schedule they revealed Will+Dress season 3 should be airing this July and the unnamed sequel series begins in January 2024.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:35 am Reply with quote
I'm so annoyed Smartphone gets a season 2 while series like Baccano!, Black Lagoon, Yona of the Dawn, Hyouka, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, and Soul Eater are left to languish.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Vanguard is SO POPULAR. I dropped it after season 2, it became dull for me, maybe I will return to it later, I don't know yet.

OPUS.COLORs looks interesting for me, I will watch it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1