• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Store Sells 'Pundam,' 'Epangelion' Cosplay for Dogs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JINROH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quote
Where are the Detective Kunkun outfits ?
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 am Reply with quote
Wow. That's such a silly and borderline abusive thing to do to a beloved pet. That junk is made for the owners, not for the animals. I take it there are a few of "Those" in every country?
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 am Reply with quote
Those are all to go on plush toys and not real dogs...

Aren't they?

I'm right, right everyone?
kaizen-dono

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:45 am Reply with quote
Fascinating I wouldnt have thought there would have been a profitable marketing link between gundam fans and chihouhua owners Question
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:16 am Reply with quote
Folks who put clothes on their pets need to be arrested and kept in isolation chambers at the bottom of the ocean. I mean, really. Your dog/cat/ferret/whatever doesn't need clothes. It doesn't want clothes. This is abuse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 am Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
Those are all to go on plush toys and not real dogs...

Aren't they?

I'm right, right everyone?

Sorry, but in all likelihood, they are for real animals. Animal clothing is a huge market due to pet owners who care more about the "cute factor" than the pet itself. Kind of like cat owners who don't realize tuna and milk only work for cat food on TV. In reality, milk is too harsh for their adult digestive systems, and tuna gives them stomach aches not to mention liver damage. These types of bad pet owners are typically extremely stupid and selfish, and even at the advice of vets will not stop doing what they do. People with the "I want to, so I will" attitude need to be banned from owning pets. That mentality just isn't how things work.

Not to mention, aren't most pets cute enough on their own?
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:56 am Reply with quote
Normally I'd join in and be rather critical about selfish owners that put their pets in clothes...

But honestly, if I had a dog, and they sold those things in America, I'd make them wear it. Not every day, just... every once in a while... c'mon, they can suffer for their owner for just a little while. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
those pictures are killing me Laughing
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
I worry for the sake of the animals how far canine cosplay could be taken:
"That's the outfit done. Now where shall we put the model entry plug?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Folks who put clothes on their pets need to be arrested and kept in isolation chambers at the bottom of the ocean. I mean, really. Your dog/cat/ferret/whatever doesn't need clothes. It doesn't want clothes. This is abuse.

When a dog has to go outside to do its business on a January morning in Minnesota, it appreciates the sweater, no matter what it looks like.
SeinenAi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote
OnanRulz wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

When a dog has to go outside to do its business on a January morning in Minnesota, it appreciates the sweater, no matter what it looks like.

This, and to be honest unless the clothes are too tight/hot/etc. I don't think the dog gives a s**t nor is it abuse....
Grico

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I find the eva ones strangely adorable. Although still relatively disturbing.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
OnanRulz wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Not all animals are bred for winter weather, yet people in Canada don't hesitate to own a Mexican chihuahua. As long as it isn't restrictive or cumbersome there's absolutely no way it's abusive and can be functional. Really, if it bothers the animal they'll let you know.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote
OnanRulz wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

So instead of thinking, "Hey, maybe this isn't the right pet for this climate", you think, "Hey, let's put some clothing on a dog"?

A tad selfish, isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

So instead of thinking, "Hey, maybe this isn't the right pet for this climate", you think, "Hey, let's put some clothing on a dog"?

A tad selfish, isn't it?

...So people who live in places where it gets cold enough to wear a coat shouldn't own dogs, ever? That's a rather unrealistic expectation. My dog will only go outside to relieve himself in winter if he's got his little parka on, so I don't think all dogs mind having extra layers on.

Although even so, I love him far too much to subject him to one of these things. Anime hyper My dog looks and acts so much like Densuke from Dennou Coil as it is that it's almost like he's constantly cosplaying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2