Forum - View topic
The Click - October 18th - 24th


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl



Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 153
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote
Brian Hanson wrote:
Balsa needs a new spear, but the weaponsmasterysmithyguy is not convinced that Balsa did not ACTUALLY kill Prince. Changing trends in the music industry, she argues, as well as Prince's immense hubris, are what killed Prince. But Prince can come back, if he so wishes.


Er......

Okay, at first I was like, Hey, he didn't put Chagum after Prince! That reminds me of The 10th Kingdom when Prince Wendell was mainly called Prince after he was put into a dog's body... Then my thoughts caught up with my eyes and I was like, Oh. Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha! I get it now! How anyone can think of that Prince when discussing Moribito's main prince boggles my mind. Oh, no! I've been boggled! Anime hyper

Thanks for the heads up about Strait Jacket. I'll have to check that out. I guess that means there's no Gurren Lagann, then. Sad

I can't wait to see whether or not you include a link to your web site on your next The Click column. Very Happy

P.S. -- "Weaponsmasterysmithyguy" indeed!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:54 am Reply with quote
I think Brian was referring to the "Purple Rain" Prince. Slick music commentary. Razz

And with TTGL premiering 2 new episodes a week every week(a pace twice as fast as the AS anime premieres), it's only natural that it needs a dubbing hiatus every few weeks. Plus they're going to air the last 3 episodes on the same night, so Bandai doesn't have to apologize. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
braves



Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 2308
Location: Puerto Rico (but living in Texas)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote
Even though anything would be better than Psychic Wars, I'm still looking forward to Strait Jacket. Not concerned about GL going on hiatus, because I dropped the TV run in favor of the DVDs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Even though anything would be better than Psychic Wars, I'm still looking forward to Strait Jacket. Not concerned about GL going on hiatus, because I dropped the TV run in favor of the DVDs.


Are the DVDs even up to the last episodes yet? AniMonday's hit around 19 and 20 last Monday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
braves



Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 2308
Location: Puerto Rico (but living in Texas)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Are the DVDs even up to the last episodes yet? AniMonday's hit around 19 and 20 last Monday.


I think the sub DVDs are already complete, but I'm waiting for the dub ones. I have a lot of patience. Wink But I really dropped the TV run because of Hurricane Ike. It left me without satellite for a few weeks, so I fell behind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven



Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 581
Location: Georgia, USA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
While I am enjoying GL on Ani-Monday I kinda wish they weren't burning through them so quickly. But then again its not like they have a huge backlog of shows, movies and OAVs that they can air. Hopefully more companies like Bandai will sign on with whatever agreements they need to make with Manga Entertainment to get their shows on the block.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
bglassbrook



Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 1220
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
While I am enjoying GL on Ani-Monday I kinda wish they weren't burning through them so quickly. But then again its not like they have a huge backlog of shows, movies and OAVs that they can air. Hopefully more companies like Bandai will sign on with whatever agreements they need to make with Manga Entertainment to get their shows on the block.

You say that like playing the same (half-)dozen shows over and over again unto death isn't their company motto or something.
Quote:
Balsa needs a new spear, but the weaponsmasterysmithyguy is not convinced that Balsa did not ACTUALLY kill Prince.

So I fake my death, hide out for a time, go out on the town and boldly prove the general population thinks I'm dead ... then head straight for someone who not only knows exactly who I am, but thinks I killed a member of the royal house, and that said killing is a bad thing.

... Brilliant!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
LuckySeven wrote:
While I am enjoying GL on Ani-Monday I kinda wish they weren't burning through them so quickly. But then again its not like they have a huge backlog of shows, movies and OAVs that they can air. Hopefully more companies like Bandai will sign on with whatever agreements they need to make with Manga Entertainment to get their shows on the block.

You say that like playing the same (half-)dozen shows over and over again unto death isn't their company motto or something.


Sci-Fi needs a few more (good) shows, but it does pretty fine for what it has. And with its much more enjoyable timeslots compared to Adult Swim, it's actually preferrable, even with the weaker shows it sometimes airs.

Maybe if Bandai(and Funimation, if rumors from the NY press junket were true) made more deals with Sci-Fi, we could get some more stuff. Since AniMonday regularly shows older programming, they could even make acquisitions of older shows that may not have ever gotten tv runs on other networks. There are several older shows I've been wanting to see.

Heck, maybe Sci-Fi could deal a low blow and acquire some of the good anime that AS has since given up. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
samuraiwalt



Joined: 06 Jul 2004
Posts: 647
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
bglassbrook wrote:
LuckySeven wrote:
While I am enjoying GL on Ani-Monday I kinda wish they weren't burning through them so quickly. But then again its not like they have a huge backlog of shows, movies and OAVs that they can air. Hopefully more companies like Bandai will sign on with whatever agreements they need to make with Manga Entertainment to get their shows on the block.

You say that like playing the same (half-)dozen shows over and over again unto death isn't their company motto or something.


Sci-Fi needs a few more (good) shows, but it does pretty fine for what it has. And with its much more enjoyable timeslots compared to Adult Swim, it's actually preferrable, even with the weaker shows it sometimes airs.

Maybe if Bandai(and Funimation, if rumors from the NY press junket were true) made more deals with Sci-Fi, we could get some more stuff. Since AniMonday regularly shows older programming, they could even make acquisitions of older shows that may not have ever gotten tv runs on other networks. There are several older shows I've been wanting to see.

Heck, maybe Sci-Fi could deal a low blow and acquire some of the good anime that AS has since given up. Razz


I've looked ahead on their scheduleand they're going to be showing GUNDAM SEASON 1 and DESCENDANTS OF DARKNESS. Not exactly new shows but at least something new for Sci-fi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
I've looked ahead on their scheduleand they're going to be showing GUNDAM SEASON 1 and DESCENDANTS OF DARKNESS. Not exactly new shows but at least something new for Sci-fi.


"Gundam Season 1" refers to the first season of "Gundam 00" that Sci-Fi announced months ago that they'd be premiering in November. So a pretty new show, since Season 2 of Gundam 00 is only going to be starting in the next few weeks in Japan(or already has, it's on ANN's Fall'08 Preview).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVok



Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 613
Location: North York, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Canada, meanwhile, still has 66 more of 'em. Hey, maybe your new "Prime Minister" can help!


Uh, what new prime minister would that be?

You don't need to understand parliamentary systems to understand the word 're-elected.'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
belvadeer





PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Stegosaurus rules, best dino I've ever seen :3

Why can't Sci-Fi just avoid showing such fail as Psychic Wars again? Is it that hard to pick a decent show for a timeslot?
Back to top
LuckySeven



Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 581
Location: Georgia, USA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Stegosaurus rules, best dino I've ever seen :3

Why can't Sci-Fi just avoid showing such fail as Psychic Wars again? Is it that hard to pick a decent show for a timeslot?


Because until recently everything that was on Ani-Monday was from Manga Entertainment's library. Technically, Manga Entertainment owns the Ani-Monday block sort of like a paid advertising infomercial that Sci-Fi happens to air. As of late they've been adding outside stuff like Gurren Lagaan from Bandai, because they got them to sign off on the digital distrubution rights. I think they've also been getting stuff from Central Park Media as well, but I can't name anything other than M.D. Geist and M.D. Geist 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
KAtchan15



Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 460
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Code Geass Sunday October 19 5:00am - Episode 24 "The Collapsing Stage"
Moribito Sunday October 19 5:30am - Episode 8 "The Swordsmith"

That's retarded. =_= I hope [adultswim] doesn't actually expect people to watch/ tune in at that time. [I love Moribito, but 5:30!?! Hahaha Anime hyper Forget it! ! ! !]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greed1914



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 3805
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, they really don't expect anyone to tune in at that crap time slot. That's kinda the point, it's where they can fulfill any contractual obligations but not worry about their precious ratings. Apparently a rerun of a show that was canceled or at least seems to be, like 12 Oz. Mouse, are more important.

On another note, Strait Jacket seems like it'll be interesting to watch. A bit of a bummer that there is no Gurren Lagann, but at least it'll me something recent and potentially good, as opposed to MD Geist or Psychic Wars. All I can figure is it must have been a big money saver to show old, lousy shows like those instead of, oh I don't know, airing something new.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group