• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2009 Comic Exhibition Taipei

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 am Reply with quote
http://www.ccpa.org.tw/comic/

When: 8/12/2009 to 8/17/2009, 10 AM to 6 PM

Where: Taipei Show (formerly TWTC Hall 2)

Who (Japanese gusts of honor, sorted by date and time of appearance):

8/12
Kanan Minami, mangaka, Kyō, Koi o Hajimemasu, Ever Glory Publishing
Katsumi Nishino, novelist, Kanokon novel, Sharp Point Press

8/13
Akemi Takada, character designer, Taiwan Tohan
Kei Sazane, novelist, Tasogareiro no Utatsukai novel, Kadokawa Media (Taiwan)
Riku Ranjo, novelist, Akikan! novel, Ching Win Publishing

8/14
Yūko Aoki, novelist, Victorian Rose Tailor novel, Ching Win Publishing
Hideaki Fujii, mangaka, Battle Spirits: Shōnen Toppa Version, Ching Win Publishing

8/15
Hidekazu Ichinose, Suguru Inoue, Takashi Kondo, all seiyū, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Muse Communication
Mayuki Anan, mangaka, Momoiro Maji Mode!, Sharp Point Press
Toshiyuki Morikawa, seiyū, D.Gray-man, Top-Insight International
Riichirō Inagaki and Yūsuke Murata, writer and mangaka, Eyeshield 21, Tong Li Publishing

8/16
Shinichirō Miki, seiyū, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Top-Insight International
Keito Koume, mangaka, Spice and Wolf manga, Kadokawa Media (Taiwan)
Aki Mochida, mangaka, Mayonaka ni Kiss, Sharp Point Press
Kōji Seo, mangaka, A Town where you live, Tong Li Publishing

Last edited by dormcat on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Since the phpBB interface isn't very suitable for reporting and picture-posting, I've revived my divisional blog located at Blogger (formerly Blogspot). It will be updated with convention news in English, while my Yam blog is in Chinese (and with other weird non-anime personal interests).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Photo of pre-convention press conference can be found here. I'm too tired to translate it to English at this moment. Anime dazed
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
You mentioned something about reporting along with photos... Which of those events do you plan to report on?

Also, on what is admittedly a related note, in your post it seems to indicate that more Reborn! seiyū than just Takashi Kondo, Hidekazu Ichinose, and Suguru Inoue are going to be there, but only three are obviously shown. Could you provide more exact information for someone whose language skills outside of English are lacking, perhaps? It would be very much appreciated. Embarassed
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Symmetrical_Magician wrote:
You mentioned something about reporting along with photos... Which of those events do you plan to report on?

I've already finished covering Katsumi Nishino's autograph session. However, since it's very unlikely to be posted on the front page (neither the anime nor the manga has not been licensed, and the novel is not available from Seven Seas yet), I've posted it here and here.

Symmetrical_Magician wrote:
Also, on what is admittedly a related note, in your post it seems to indicate that more Reborn! seiyū than just Takashi Kondo, Hidekazu Ichinose, and Suguru Inoue are going to be there, but only three are obviously shown.

Er, no, there will be only three of them (inviting THREE seiyū at once is costly and difficult to schedule). I don't know which part of my previous post has confused you; sorry about that.
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Hidekazu Ichinose, Suguru Inoue, Takashi Kondo, all seiyū,

Ah. Thinking about it... I misinterpreted "all seiyū" as all Reborn! seiyū, for some reason. It meant that they are all seiyū, of course. Sorry, I'll actually pay attention next time! ^^;

My sad little fangirl heart was blown away by just those three, anyway. Thank you for taking the time to answer.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
Daily Brief -- Comic Exhibition Taipei 2009 Day 2

My second day was far worse than the first: due to a sudden mission, my planned schedule was completely screwed and couldn't even allow me to go to the convention hall; all interviewing and photography opportunities were lost. I could only compensate with press release photographs.

The first autograph session was illustrator and character designer Akemi Takada. Her Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, and Pierrot's Magical Girl series (notably Magical Angel Creamy Mami) were all masterpieces. Takada-sensei volunteered to donate an artwork for charity auction; the revenue will be donated to flood relief efforts. Chinese Comic Publishers Association (CCPA), organizer of Comic Exhibition Taipei, immediately coordinated all foreign and domestic guests to join the effort, with unanimous positive reply. In fact, back in March 2000 when Takada-sensei visited Taiwan for the first time, she donated an artwork for 921 Earthquake, which was sold for a stunning NT$280,000. The price of the 2009 artwork has been raised to NT$26,900 while I'm writing this article. Other charity auction items can be found at here.

Kei Sazane, author of light novel Tasogareiro no Uta Tsukai, joined the flood relief efforts.

Riku Ranjo, author of light novel Akikan!, posed for a photo with Melon, the female protagonist of his novel.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Daily Brief -- Comic Exhibition Taipei 2009 Day 3

I managed to reach there on the third day, yet I still couldn't catch the autograph session of Yūko Aoki, author of Victorian Rose Tailor (sigh).

While I haven't read Victorian Rose Tailor personally, judging from the introduction (and title) it's a classical romantic story with lots of detailed descriptions on formal dress and gown. Cosplaying readers posed with Aoki-sensei in the picture above.

Similar to yesterday, there was only one autograph session in the afternoon, which was of Hideaki Fujii, author of Battle Spirits: Shōnen Toppa Version.

This is a multi-platform merchandise that has two anime and a card game; the first anime version has been licensed by Muse Communication; however, it's a pity that due to limited time Muse couldn't release its first DVD at Comic Exhibition. The card game has been licensed, and a tournament was held. Fujii-sensei was asked to present the award to the best three players.

The reason Fujii-sensei became a mangaka was quite special: he determined to become one after watching the popular anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, for he wanted to illustrate something that makes people ponder and change the world. Now he's still working hard to achieve this goal.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Victorian Cosplay! Aside these players and the one for Akikan!, was there much of a variety of costumes being exhibited here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Victorian Cosplay! Aside these players and the one for Akikan!, was there much of a variety of costumes being exhibited here?

Comic Exhibition Taipei is not a dōjin event, so there are not many cosplayers walking around other than during the Ani-song Karaoke Contest session. I'll sort out a collection of cosplayers but don't expect many of them. For more cosplayer galleries please visit my albums.

By the way, the picture of Melon was simply awful. She is much prettier than her in that photograph; you can see her cosplaying as Eriko Torii from MariMite last year.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Combined autograph session of three Reborn! seiyū

The two-day weekend is when highest number of con-goers attend Comic Exhibition Taipei. Most popular events are often scheduled on the weekend as well. Not surprisingly, I stayed at the convention hall for two full days in order to cover those events. The first one on Saturday morning was a combined autograph session of three Katekyo Hitman Reborn! seiyū: Hidekazu Ichinose (as Hayato Gokudera), Suguru Inoue (as Takeshi Yamamoto), and Takashi Kondo (as Kyouya Hibari). While the original manga of Reborn! is serialized in Tong Li's Formosa Youth (licensed version of Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump), the majority of its fans are young girls, way more celebrity-worshiping than boys at the same age. The fence surrounding the stage area had been crushed five times due to overcrowding.

Soon after the main gate had opened, all major routes to Stage A was completely blocked by the crowd.

Quite a few cosplayers are among the crowd.

The spectators have filled every square inches in front of Stage A.

Some fans spent a great deal of effort to build this hand-made message board to show their devotion.

MC tossing giveaway souvenirs to the crowds in order to heat up the atmosphere.

The three finally arrived! Click me to watch the video.

Hidekazu Ichinose, who has a quite athletic body, appeared on the stage in cheers and screams.

Followed by Takashi Kondo with sweet smiles.

Finally, the cool-looking Suguru Inoue.

Before the autograph session starts, the three seiyū played some mini-games with their fans. Those who answered their questions correctly would receive prizes couldn't be found elsewhere, such as this wristband taken off directly from seiyū.

Ichinose-san wear the wristband on this lucky fan who answered the question correctly.

The fan proudly showing her spoil.

The prize of the second question was a ring; Inoue-san put the ring on her middle finger rather than ring finger, probably due to size and her safety.

Ichinose-san and Kondo-san started playing with those environmental-friendly shopping bags before giving them away. Fans cheered "Kawaii!"

All three seiyū were very friendly and shook hands with each and every fan.

Three luckiest fans were picked randomly to pose for photo with all three seiyū.

Unfortunately, due to overcrowding fans, they couldn't finished the quota (200 fans) in time, and they had to move to another room in order to finish signing for the last 50 fans.
sarabon007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
its nice to see comic exhibition in taipei....
i really liked it....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1