• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split required for Kazuyoshi Hayashi (#52890)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote
Kazuyoshi Hayashi is two different seiyuu persons:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
林 和良 = はやし かずよし = HAYASHI Kazuyoshi (seiyuu) (????-06-19, Wikipedia page, website, Allcinema)
林 和良 (2003) Mouse (TV) as Guard (ep 8); Male Student (ep 7) (source: "Stated on the official US DVD"; better: his website, "マウス")
林 和良 (2007) Ikoku Irokoi Romantan (OAV) as Ōmi Member 2 (source: "directly from the end of an actual episode"; better: his website, "異国色恋浪漫譚")
林 和良 (2008) Spice and Wolf (TV) as Merchant (eps 8, 10) (http://d.hatena.ne.jp/seiyuDB/20080220)
(keep) This is the current owner of the ANN entry, all attributes belong to him.
Wikipedia lists 8 anime roles for him (including neither "Mouse" nor "Ikoku Irokoi Romantan"). Allcinema even credits this guy for an unnamed role in Jin-Roh.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
林 和義 = はやし かずよし = HAYASHI Kazuyoshi (actor) (1964-07-01, Wikipedia page, website, Allcinema)
林 和義 (1992) Midori (movie) (Wikipedia page of anime)
(split) This is a different person that needs to be split off, actually more an actor than a seiyuu. He is probably older than the other person but as we don't have the other one's birth year we can't be sure about this.
Neither his wikipedia page nor his website (whose credits cover the period from 1995 to 2009) mentions any anime activity of his but the anime's Wikipedia page links to his page and Allcinema has two anime credits for him (1992 & 1997).

His only credit was given to Kazuhiko HAYASHI at ANN which is a kanji misreading duplicate of him (and not even a legal EDICT reading). Flagged & added, this credit can be hidden. (It certainly would have been easier to directly rename Kazuhiko HAYASHI but apparently this is no option at ANN.)
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quote
split with actor at
person#89964
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:11 am Reply with quote
Any takers for hiding the wrong Kazuhiko HAYASHI credit?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1