• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Pegasus Seiya (First Bronze Cloth)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePoliced

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
You got me interested when u said South America.

Yea, Saint Seiya was huge here when it came out. I never missed an ep and i had the toys too. Back then them toys were kinda like this one cept the armor was gold and made of metal, and dude, they were awesome.

Did u ever live here?
troizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for reminding me that I'm not the only one who remembers the Centurions.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
troizen wrote:
Thank you for reminding me that I'm not the only one who remembers the Centurions.

Same here. Used to have the Depth Charger set, albeit without Max Ray. Also had an Ace McCloud stationery set.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:05 am Reply with quote
The myth Cloth series can be pretty impressive, but as much of a fan of Saint Seiya as I am I just can never get interested enough in buying a Myth Cloth... I don't know why.

As for Saint Seiya being the least popular Shonen Jump series in North America... One could argue that as Viz did release all 28 volumes of the original manga, while fellow Jump manga Kurohime is right now unfinished and canceled over here. And it's not like Viz hasn't tried to give Seiya some promotion, even now: In the issue of Shonen Jump magazine that showed off the last volume of Saint Seiya, there was a note from the Editor that showed how much he enjoyed working on it. I personally don't know how often that is done, but it was nice to see Seiya get that little extra promo in the magazine.
Rednal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
I don't know that Saint Seiya is the worst... I mean, Ultimate Muscle is pretty far down there, from everything I hear.

Anyway, interesting veview, as usual. ^^ It's good to keep the readers entertained while simultaneously informing them. I'm curious, though; are you ever going to do a figure from the Touhou Project? It'd be interesting to see something with that type of fanbase get a little notice here. ^^
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote
Rednal wrote:
I don't know that Saint Seiya is the worst... I mean, Ultimate Muscle is pretty far down there, from everything I hear.

What do you mean by "worst"? Because I can definitely say that popularity =/= quality necessarily, and Saint Seiya is definitely a quality title. Sometimes it's just easier to use more words to explain what you're saying rather than say something that gives the wrong meaning.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who noted how "Myth" is written in katakana as マイス? That's "maisu" for the kana-illiterate; they pronounce it like "mine" instead of "miss".
kailegh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
*Envisions asteroids rushing towards face* yes, I sense Seiya's inner Cosmo!!!! xD
I think I'd probably leave naked-Seiya posing next to the completed Pegasus (because, no, I don't think buying two is worth it =_=)
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote
Wow.
I waited forever for this line to be reviewed & missed it because I was on vacation.
I've paid $45 (for the base line figures of Dragon Shiryu & Phoenix Ikki) to just a tad over $100 (Thanatos, Gemini, & the extremely shiny God Cloth versions of Andromeda & Cygnus) for the 23 dolls I have of this series. I passed on the gold-plated $175 version that was released of Pegasus a couple years back.
Most of the dolls come with extra hands. Gemini has 2 dolls & the robe outfit as well as the cloth. I figured for what I paid for it, Hades throne would just be the throne with maybe extra hair, but there's a doll in it. The God Cloth Cygnus has an extra head missing the eyepatch so it's a pretty cool series to collect.
Pegasus I have on order, but he's never really interested me. Final form Andromeda was my first & spoiled me coming with 4 extra sets of hands for $65. Dude, you could do a lot better with some of the others in the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1