• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ms. Answerman: Murphy's Laws

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailor_titan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:18 am Reply with quote
man, first Dream Saga in RTO, and now Sailor Moon SuperS (my favorite season) in in Answerman.

*goes to smash something in anger*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:41 am Reply with quote
Hmm... sounds like you have some anger management issues. O_o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:52 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Hmm... sounds like you have some anger management issues. O_o

Not to mention bad taste. Wink (I'm kidding)

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:12 am Reply with quote
sailor_titan wrote:
man, first Dream Saga in RTO, and now Sailor Moon SuperS (my favorite season) in in Answerman.

*goes to smash something in anger*

I never slammed Dream Saga. If I had, it would've been down there with Warriors of Tao.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:23 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Uh, I would say that and not be kidding. You're the first person I've ever heard of who liked Sailor Moon SuperS.

Even hardcore Moonies don't like it.
Animated_Lady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 am Reply with quote
I would just like to say "Thank you" to Ms. Answerman for defending 4Kids in her column. I appreciate it immensely. Very Happy
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:56 am Reply with quote
Ms. Answerman, the letters for the Sailor Moon season actually have a meaning. The R in Sailor Moon R if I remember correctly stands for Romance. Sailor Moon S you were dead on about it, it's Super. Sailor Moon SS is SuperSuper. Just thought I'd point that out. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Ms. Answerman, the letters for the Sailor Moon season actually have a meaning. The R in Sailor Moon R if I remember correctly stands for Romance. Sailor Moon S you were dead on about it, it's Super. Sailor Moon SS is SuperSuper. Just thought I'd point that out. Very Happy

I always thought the R stood for Sailor Moon "Returns", not sure where I got that.

As a die hard Sailormoon fan, I can honestly say the SuperS season was the worst, and the one the furthest from the manga version. It's just common in the Sailormoon fan community to find everyone referring to it as the worst season too. Thank god the manga version is completely different, and much better.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:34 am Reply with quote
Another excellent column!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:57 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Ms. Answerman, the letters for the Sailor Moon season actually have a meaning. The R in Sailor Moon R if I remember correctly stands for Romance. Sailor Moon S you were dead on about it, it's Super. Sailor Moon SS is SuperSuper. Just thought I'd point that out. :D

Sailor Moon nitpick time! Because I have nothing better to do...

Anime_Freak: Where'd you hear about names for R and SuperS? I know S says "super" in the eyecatch, but I didn't know it was ever mentioned elsewhere. The only time I can think of that Naoko talks about them is here, where we learn that she had nothing to do with the names.

littlegreenwolf: I think most SM fans are wrong on this one. SuperS is about the importance of having dreams but not letting them get in the way of growing up. It has the same problems that all SM eps do, but compared to the other seasons, I think SuperS is one of the better ones.

Most people seem to love the third season because there's omg angst and death so they can keep saying to themselves that it's an infinitely deep and mature show...or something.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:25 pm Reply with quote
The major reason why I hate the SuperS season is mainly Chibiusa. The anime strived to make her a highly annoying character to begin with, and decided to set aside the SuperS story arc to focus around her, and while doing so ruined one of the best parts of the manga. I beleive the manga did a much better job with the "importance of having dreams but not letting them get in the way of growing up" theme, and that the anime version of the series was just a giant thorn in the side of the whole Sailormoon anime series by doing the drastic change of making it revolve around Chibiusa.

I understand the need some companies have to make the children in the audience feel like they can relate to characters in the show, but the non-Chibiusa fangirl audience suffered because of it.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Uh, I would say that and not be kidding. You're the first person I've ever heard of who liked Sailor Moon SuperS.

Even hardcore Moonies don't like it.

Ok, well, I'm half kidding. It certainly isn't my idea of a good (or even half decent) series, but I try not to knock people for their taste in things either.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Akisora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon Return
Sailor Moon Romance
Sailor Moon Super
Sailor Moon Super S
Sailor Stars

As a note, SMR1 (Return), covered the Doom Tree saga only. Doom Tree was not a storyline created by Ms Takeuchi but was in fact done by the company so she could have time to catch the manga up to the series.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Animated_Lady wrote:
I would just like to say "Thank you" to Ms. Answerman for defending 4Kids in her column. I appreciate it immensely. Very Happy

Suck Up. Laughing
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Animated_Lady wrote:

Personally, I'm holding off judgment until I see One Piece.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4