• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yumeiro Pâtissière's New TV Series to Start in October

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
More information on the new anime will be provided in the November issue of Ribon.

Uuum wait, what? If this anime is coming in October why would more info be in the November edition? Unless it comes out in October in which case I'm still lost.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
Quote:
More information on the new anime will be provided in the November issue of Ribon.

Uuum wait, what? If this anime is coming in October why would more info be in the November edition? Unless it comes out in October in which case I'm still lost.

Japanese magazines, like magazines in several other countries, post-date their issues ahead. The November issue of Ribon will come out in early October.
niiica

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, really? That's good news! Yumeiro Patissiere is a typical Ribon manga/anime, but I did enjoy (am still enjoying) the ride. I've been following it every week on Crunchyroll for almost a year now, so knowing that there's going to be a new series is really good news.

Now the question is whether or not Crunchyroll will pick up the new series...
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
well since the timing seems to have it starting after the last episode of the current series I'm guessing CR will continue airing it like they did with shugo chara when it changed its name, twice.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
I have been enjoying this show, and I am glad to hear it will continue.

At first I thought it was going to be just a clone of Shugo Chara set in a chef school, but it ended up being a real foodie show. This show, and Top Chef - Just Desserts will probably be a little hard on my willpower though. (I have a weakness for pastry shops and bakeries)
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:05 am Reply with quote
Oh Yes. Oh Yes. Oh Yes.
I'm loving the original TV series. It's quite long too.
Hearing news of a sequel is a good indicator that a show is successful, because it's good.

I thought that YP had more in common with Yakitate Japan than it did with Shugo Chara, but I agree with a resemblance to that magical girl show too (YP isn't a magical girl show at all, it's a cooking anime).

I hope Crunchyroll simmies the new series.
MlYAKO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 am Reply with quote
YES!
keikanna44

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quote
I'm happy they are going to grow them up. I like the original series (even though it's a bit long for my taste) so I'm glad they are continuing it.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:10 am Reply with quote
Are you serious!? More Yumeiro Patissiere!? Yaaaaay!
Redlinks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote
Sweet! I loved reading the manga in Ribon. And the anime is super cute! I hope the 2nd series will live up to the first one. Smile
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote
huh, so is this an original story or was this done in the manga as well?

I had actually figured the show wouldn't conclude with a final outcome simply because it is an ongoing manga...

which makes me think they MUST have done a time jump there as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Original story. The anime split off from the manga about a while ago (I think somewhere around the semi-finals of the first Grand Prix)

Anyway, this show was a gigantic surprise of enjoyment to me so I'll be looking forward to this sequel that I honestly didn't see coming. I hope CR simulcasts it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Original story. The anime split off from the manga about a while ago (I think somewhere around the semi-finals of the first Grand Prix)

Anyway, this show was a gigantic surprise of enjoyment to me so I'll be looking forward to this sequel that I honestly didn't see coming. I hope CR simulcasts it.

ah, I thought the logic sort of changed at some point. I had gotten the idea that spoiler[Team Ichigo would end up losing and not going to Paris (learning patience and all sorts of valuable lessons) and remain to actually make friends with all the introduced characters,] which would be the logical way to extend a manga series. Instead they're going with the option of finishing the series, and I applaud that actually. It may not be true to the manga but I think they've done a good job of going in their own direction. And I get so annoyed with half finished series that never get completed.
If the franchise really has legs they can make a Full Metal Pâtissière: Fairyhood series in a few years. Wink

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scathach2517

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If the franchise really has legs they can make a Full Metal Pâtissière: Fairyhood series in a few years. Wink

Hahaha, You're my new hero. xD Sooo intense!

I'm really happy to hear that they will be older. I get sort of disinterested in the younger ages because the romance aspect isn't so prominent. I'm really hoping that they keep the "Sweets Princes" in the new series. =) It'd be nice to see some romance truly blossom between Kashino and Ichigo. Wink
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even realize the first show was ending, but I'm happy to have more. This is one of my favorite anime out right now, and the manga is really cute too. I wonder how much older they are going to end up being.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2